Pistol Dig & Help ID

Anyone a Pistol Expert? I just dug this banger of a find. Minelab Equinox 800 sniffed it at only 10". Please share with your gun buddies and we'll get it figured out. It is one of my cooler Idaho digs.  Oh, and if you have been lucky enough to have found a pistol or gun, please share story and photos on here.

GunA.jpg

GunB.jpg

GunC.jpg

• Like 7

Awesome find Gerry!

• Like 1

These types of guns are known as spur trigger revolvers.  They became popular starting in 1870, when Smith & Wesson's master patent expired, and other manufacturers began producing them in quantity.

Thanks for the all the help and suggestions folks.  With your help and some more research...we have a winner.

Both NAGANT & Againstmywill were correct.  It is classified as a "Suicide Special" and manufactured by Otis A Smith approx 1880. Smith's New MODEL 32 rim fire, 5 shot revolver from the 1880's.

With a little brushing and an eye piece, I spotted some letters and slowly put together the rest of the puzzle to find discovery has the same words on the top of the frame as in this 2nd photo.

Thanks again everyone.

dsc_0004.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

dsc_0009.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

3 hours ago, Bayard said:

This revolver is kind of interesting because it is styled to look like a top break, but, is actually a solid frame.

I couldn't figure that out , loading groove, cylinder pin, and a top break hinge?

• Like 1

Found this in a school yard of all places. Appears to be a small caliber, perhaps a 0.22.

IMG_1060.JPG

• Like 1