Another Awesome Shaft Option For The Nox

18 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Midalake........... did you see the new sand-seal plug Chuck (Sun-Spot Scoops) is selling for the Nox?  Simple enough ...... interesting to see if it works.   I drill a fairly good size hole just about the coil connector to drain water and sand......... Ive given up on thinking i can keep water out of my shaft as much time as its underwater.  We have some very fine sand where i live.

No I have not seen this "plug". However would not sand and water then accumulate on top?  I have been successful taping off openings and having no issues with sand and water infiltration and have been doing it for years. I do not truly wade as my beach it too rough to do so. Water can be 20' away and waist deep within seconds.

How do you keep the twist-lock clean? My old shaft had a screw-lock. So I am concerned about the twist-lock freezing up?   Dave

Put the ML travel shaft in a case and use my Anderson .... which doesnt have twist locks.   On my other machines ..... i make the CF shafts and use a nylon bolt so i know theres no coil moving around.  Im lucky that the Gulf allows a good many days a year that we can get out there over our heads if we want.    The best method i found that works well is twist them several times open and closed with them under water just before you get out and move the shaft a little.   But with aluminum..... you have to move the shaft and rinse each time.  You dont have to remove the shafts.... just move them.  I have went to the point of breaking them off and using a plunger lock too.  I just dont like those locks for water machines......plain ole nylon bolt is great.