GPZ 7000 Finds Large Gold Nuggets

Here you go, this was part of a three way split and the gold has been sold off. 15 ounce, 14 ounce and 13 ounce pieces found with the GPZ.

JP

post-9-0-53965600-1425333365_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

We have seen a few videos on the GPZ7000 nugget digs on a range of nuggets, but no really deep ones have come as yet on video that I have seen. Still, even though the detector has only been available for one week, I believe there can be some general comparisons made from the Youtube videos that are currently available, and feedback from my customers provide other details. I see it written against some of the videos that “My 5000 would have got that with a 20” coil”, or “The SDC would have got that”.

OK. But would they have? Some of our local operators are picking up nuggets and specimens on ground that they have detected (to death in some cases), and comparisons made with the other detectors show that these finds are not available to previous technology. Some of the finds also may have been missed but you would need to have been there at the time to draw any firm conclusions either way.

If you consider after watching the available videos, that the GPZ7000 with the one and only coil currently available (14”x 13”) can find the small bits down as small as the SDC2300 using an 8” coil, can also find the mid-range nuggets that a more conventional PI like the 4500 or the 5000 does with a 14” coil, and also find the deeper bits that the 4500 and 5000’s need an 18” or a 20” coil, and as an aside can find bits that the current range of detectors  cannot get with any coil combination.

For some people that will mean that they can cover the ground once and be reasonably sure that they got the lion’s share of what was available. We will always leave gold behind no matter how good we are, or like to think we are and that is a fact, but I see the GPZ as being the tool that minimises that. Another consideration is that just because we have a detector capable of punching deeper than previous machines, it won’t necessarily follow that we will get huge amounts of nuggets.

Some ground just may not have any gold left, or very little gold left, but I suspect the larger patches will still yield nuggets for the operator prepared to take the time and effort to learn the machine, and put in the time using it, and I guess that also applies to any detector when you think about it. I also suspect that one week is nowhere near enough time for anyone to entirely evaluate a detector that is technologically different to what we have been used to, and although some general comparisons can be made, the full picture I expect, will take a while longer to emerge. Cheers.

• Like 5

Great thoughts on the GPZ 7000 Old Sandy. Your comments and professional opinions are welcomed here. I only wish the Aussie forums could come around and have a more positive conversation on the GPZ.

Bill