GPZ 7000 Finds Large Gold Nuggets

Good one JP, That's what we like to see.  An insight please, At what depth and what type of ground ?

Cheers

Ashley 

( Australia )

Amazing, so the GPZ is capable of detecting LARGE nuggets.

Yes I would also be interested at what depths these beauties came from and if using the Normal or Difficult setting ?

Thanks for the pics.

goldenoldie 

Great thoughts on the GPZ 7000 Old Sandy. Your comments and professional opinions are welcomed here. I only wish the Aussie forums could come around and have a more positive conversation on the GPZ.

Bill

Hi Bill. I see it the same way, but there is far too much negativity on them to have any sort of discussion at the moment. Maybe when the dust settles it might happen. I am at the stage of life where I prefer to not be a part of all that, and would rather concentrate on the good or beneficial features. Cheers.

• Like 3

If you consider after watching the available videos, that the GPZ7000 with the one and only coil currently available (14”x 13”) can find the small bits down as small as the SDC2300 using an 8” coil, can also find the mid-range nuggets that a more conventional PI like the 4500 or the 5000 does with a 14” coil, and also find the deeper bits that the 4500 and 5000’s need an 18” or a 20” coil, and as an aside can find bits that the current range of detectors  cannot get with any coil combination.

For some people that will mean that they can cover the ground once and be reasonably sure that they got the lion’s share of what was available. We will always leave gold behind no matter how good we are, or like to think we are and that is a fact, but I see the GPZ as being the tool that minimises that. Another consideration is that just because we have a detector capable of punching deeper than previous machines, it won’t necessarily follow that we will get huge amounts of nuggets.

I agree with what you say here "We will always leave gold behind no matter how good we are, or like to think we are and that is a fact," and I know I have returned to the same ground I've detected gold from and bingo out pops another.. Damn how did I miss that as I remember detecting slowly and carefully over this spot previously with the same coil, detector and settings.

Interesting that you also say"and as an aside can find bits that the current range of detectors  cannot get with any coil  combination"  which is an impressive statement if referring to the GPZ..

We will have to wait until video evidence of a faint nugget signal being detected with a GPZ and its 14"DOD coil and then being checked before any ground disturbance  by an operator nearby with GPX and a larger 18" or 20" mono coil. The nugget then would need to be dug to find it still in-situ for the exact depth measurement and hopefully it turns out to be a large one and deep.

I suppose the chances of that happening are very rare and also depends on what settings were being used at the time with both detectors.

goldenodie

Hi, is good to see some good find with the new GPZ7000, I am in another forum but the only thing I can see is people winging, about the price, about the weight, comparing with the 5000, never a good news, I ordered one but unfortunately I have to wait three weeks, for what i can see I think is a fantastic machine and I can't wait to get mine.

Cheers

Here you go, this was part of a three way split and the gold has been sold off. 15 ounce, 14 ounce and 13 ounce pieces found with the GPZ.

JP

attachicon.gifP1060016.JPG

JP can I ask if you find this gold in US or in Australia?

Cheers