With A Little Luck I Should Have A 6”coil For My Equinox 800

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I will be talking about as I use and test.

I will be comparing to Etrac wearing  6”coil, Deus wearing elliptical Hf coil and Nokta Impact wearing  4x7” elliptical coil.

Will compare to stock Equinox 11” coil too.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
43 minutes ago, Bayard said:

The Equinox stock coil already offers better separation than an Etrac with a 6 inch coil.

Well, it depends on what you are talking about exactly.

I find Etrac with 6”coil will give a lot better ID on masked coins (at least innsome test) vs Nox 800 and stock coil.  Key is high conductive coins.  If you go to lower conducive like a nickel Nox seem so to win out.  

I will be testing looki;g at the advantages each detector with coil mentioned above offers in different scenarios.

Like ID

Nonferrous tone period

Better nonferous tone

Depth

Ease of detection (like differences in angular detection when rotating around targets).

A good overall look at what the smaller 6”coil may offer aniser whould they be interested.

Just picked mine up from my dealer. He received three and all are sold.  A few not so surprising observations - light as hell to swing, not as deep in my test garden as stock coil, and able to run sens a few numbers higher. Pretty much what is to be expected with a small coil. Definitely gonna be fun to swing. Probably won't get in the field with it till next weekend. I'll take it to a few well hunted cellar holes that still occasionally produce.