Brits: Have Any Of You Found A Half Or Full Sovereign Yet?

Found a handful of silvers last week.  I was wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to find a gold soverighn yet?  Fair enuff if you dont want to discolse that ? But would be interesting to know if they are out there.

From what ive researched, the Victorians did seem to have them in their pockets at times, after all, a half sovereign was worth 120 pence, or 10 shillings.  Of which ive found loads. If only i could get in my delorean time machine and go exchange a few shillings for a few half sovereigns lol.

Or a full sovereign, worth only 8 half crowns, again which ive got a few of.  Oh how i'd die if i found a sovereign, Its a bucket-Lister for sure.

Cheers!

Andy.

A buddy of mine dug an 1829 gold sovereign at an site that we researched in California.  Many old coins from the early 1800's to the early 1900's were found there, great place to detect, but drying up.  I cannot wait to take the Equinox there, should be able to sniff out something good IMO.

• Like 1

In 2010 i found a 1964 Sovereign in a mount on a Gold chain on the beach , i kept the coin .

In 2013 i found a 1906 Half Sovereign in a Gold ring on the beach and also a 1912 Half Sovereign in a mount .

9K GOLD CHAIN AND SOVEREIGN ,DEUS.JPG

10G 1906 HALF SOVEREIGN GOLD RING , 2013 ET.JPG

117) £58.99p - HALF SOVEREIGN AND MOUNT FOUND 29-10-13 ET.JPG

• Like 2

Wow!!  Just .... Wow!

Nuke em, that is frickin awesome, congrats.   

I would be a friend for life if you could tell me what VDI those coins produce!  Im guessing maybe a 16 or 19??

I need one of those sovereigns Sooooooo ..  bad ?  

5 minutes ago, Andy2640 said:

Wow!!  Just .... Wow!

Nuke em, that is frickin awesome, congrats.   

I would be a friend for life if you could tell me what VDI those coins produce!  Im guessing maybe a 16 or 19??

I need one of those sovereigns Sooooooo ..  bad ?  

No idea what they were , will check them on the Nox when i can . 

• Like 1

I would MEGA appreciate that Nuke.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Andy2640 said:

I would MEGA appreciate that Nuke.  Thanks.

Finding one in land is very rare . Bit like fresh Dodo dung .

Yeah i agree.  But i have hope.  I found a site where in 1 day, i pulled 8 silvers.  Shillings (1800's) Half crown and sixpence's (All 1800's except a few 1940's sixpences). I set the nox to squeal on my silver numbers. Needless to say i cleaned up nicely.

If those gorgeous little buggers are in-land, they will be there  ? 

That sounds like an old market site . Unlikely to have Sovereigns , maybe the odd Crown though.

Its a long shot granted ?  From what ive researched, its been a bit of everything.  From Roman to medieval to Victorian.  

Just out of interest Nuke, what would you expect the sovs to VDI at.