6 Inch Coil Should Be Good For Gold Prospecting

NSC

Hi from cold & wet Downunder ☺️

I recently picked up this little coil and did some air tests on the my back lawn.

I was impressed with its depth on our standard $2 coin - about 9 or 10 inches

But what impressed me more was what I was hoping for...its sensitivity to tiny native gold 

It picks up my smallest gold specimen  - a wee little smear of thin  gold on a tiny piece of rock (on the right in the pic)

...the 11" Coil  could  not hear this piece at all and I thought the 6"" wouldnt either so I was quite surprised

Air Test :  6" coil gets 6-7 inches on a 0.8gram piece (in the perpex case in the pic)

I get the clearest, most definite signal with both 6"" & 11""coils in Gold 1

I have had the Eq800 & its11" coil onto one of our local goldfields once and only managed buckshot, .22 bullets etc but this little guy seems like it has better depth on small stuff and should cope quite well with the mineralised goldfields. ?

The photo has a US 1c , a Euro 10c  and a 5c AUD

happy hunting 

P1140999 (2).JPG

P1140997res.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the report.  I have one on its way to me.

Mitchel

• Like 1

It IS good for prospecting and a lot more.

Mitchel

I'm curious to hear how it stacks up against GoldMonster, or if it's even close. 

Ive done a few basic air tests and it seems to be a little less sensitive to small gold when compared with the gm1000.  

Gm1000 was in auto 1 all metal.  

nox800 was gold mode 1, sensitivity at 16, since thats what ive been having to run it at in my area.  May be able to increase it since the smaller coil should see less ground.  Surprisingly i didn't see much of difference in depth when toggling between all metal and discriminate.  

The nox was seeing at 2 grain piece of gold about a half inch to an inch behind the the gm1000 with its 5 inch coil.  

I plan on doing more testing this weekend.  Could be a different story out in the field.  

• Thanks 1

I have noticed that Segment 1 (ferrous) discrimination has little to no effect on non-ferrous target depth unlike the discrimination circuit in other machines such as the Deus.  It almost behaves like an audio notch vs. a disc circuit in terms of its transparency to the non-ferrous target segments.

Anybody know of a dealer here in the states that has the 6" coil in stock ?