Rye Patch In July - Rokon Left Me Afoot

Well written wise words & wisdom....

Just the name "Condor" say's a lot about your style.  Glad you are still with us my friend.  Great story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredmason said:

That is the trouble with machines...they break down.  Unfortunately, I have broke too...

I am glad to see your post as I was getting a little concerned that the Mexicans had kept you...

glad you made it back!

fred

Hey Fred,

My last 2 Mexico trips have not produced much gold.  It's getting hard to come by, everywhere.  Prior to the Rye Patch, I spent a couple weeks sluicing and panning on the N. Fork of the American River.  I was getting about a gram a day of flood gold, but you know me, I'll leave gold to find gold.  I'll start writing up that story on the Sluicing and Panning forum.  I'm trying to find my camera with some of the gold pics. 

• Like 1

I've detected in Nevada (both northern and southern) during July and August and, it sucks. Damn near gave me heat stroke once.  Don't know why, but about every five years I have to give it another go, and surprise, surprise, it still sucks!! haha

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I've detected in Nevada (both northern and southern) during July and August and, it sucks. Damn near gave me heat stroke once.  Don't know why, but about every five years I have to give it another go, and surprise, surprise, it still sucks!! haha

I spent 3 weeks out there last year in August.  It sucked alot, but a few thunderstorms would come through and make things interesting and it was a whole lot better than home in sunny Yuma at 118 degrees.  I saw Steve H out there and he had a small travel trailer with a portable generator and air conditioning.  That really is the answer for the heat of the day.  I may look into that for later this year.

I generally stick to September (even that can be iffy) thru May.    Sometimes you can luck out with ok weather during the usually hot months, but we've always got the 108+ degree stuff when we've done July -August trips.