Nugget Test Garden

As i am getting more and more into nugget shooting, i've decided that i need to set up gold test garden, so that i can determine how the changes i make to the machines i have affect their ability to find gold.  As luck would have it my backyard has some of the hottest soil i've detect on thus far.  

So the plan is to dig a trench about 3 feet deep then auger holes into the sides and case with pvc.  Do this for every inch of increasing depth.  This way i can quickly change the target that's in the ground but still come as close as possible to simulating a gold target in undisturbed hot ground.  

With the 6 inch equinox coil on the way i cant think of a better way to accurately compare its capabilities to the gm1000s capabilities, and then also be able to compare their two larger coils on larger gold at depth.  Probably will put together a few videos.  

And as an added bonus the trench i dig will also be a prospecting trench since there is very fine gold and a source vein crossing my back yard somewhere.  

Will keep you guys posted.  Let me know your thoughts!    

• Like 1

PG-prospecting,

Instead of digging in the ground. You can do the same setup in a large plastic tot. 

Ruthless79 - I guess that would work as well, but in my mind it wouldnt simulate a target in undisturbed hot ground quite as well.  Plus like i said i need to dig a prospect trench anyway so that i can sample a number of potential gold bearing quartz veins as well as the soils around them.  So im killing two birds with one stone.   Plus i wont be hand digging, i have a mini excavator to do the work.