New Whites TDI Beach Hunter

It appears to be a waterproof SL, according to the specs, which means with the GB enabled it will go deeper where as the pro goes deeper with the GB Off,

I would of like to see the pro waterproof but looking at the pictures I think it is Awesome and I want one, This could be the best machine Whites has made for a long time and I wish them a world of success with it, As soon as I got a few things sorted my money is going straight to Whites.

I’ve been saving for an equinox, but might give this one a go instead.  I’m a bit hesitant because of the battery type and lack of conductivity switch which allowed a means of some discrimination, however.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dbsmokey said:

I’ve been saving for an equinox, but might give this one a go instead.  I’m a bit hesitant because of the battery type and lack of conductivity switch which allowed a means of some discrimination, however.  

Actually the conductivity switch is a pain because you never know if you have used the right setting so you second guess your self all the time, So in away I think this might be a better idea, The crazy thing is I set mine to "ALL" all the time anyway, Lol

I posted a video showing how the SL is deeper than the CTX on the beach on fine Gold Rings so I think this could be a winner.

4 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

Actually the conductivity switch is a pain because you never know if you have used the right setting so you second guess your self all the time, So in away I think this might be a better idea, The crazy thing is I set mine to "ALL" all the time anyway, Lol

I posted a video showing how the SL is deeper than the CTX on the beach on fine Gold Rings so I think this could be a winner.

Well perhaps you are right.   I tend to use these detectors in setting other than the beach and prospecting, so those features are not a staple to most.  I definitely like the looks and have hopes White’s has hit a home run with this.  Their detectors have served me well. 

1 minute ago, dbsmokey said:

Well perhaps you are right.   I tend to use these detectors in setting other than the beach and prospecting, so those features are not a staple to most.  I definitely like the looks and have hopes White’s has hit a home run with this.  Their detectors have served me well. 

Well I guess you could say that this one is a TDI without all the fuss, You can still off set the GB to wipe out unwanted targets and cherry pick so this might be the best TDI for the beach yet and it is waterproof, So you have a machine that lets you get on with the job and no second guessing which is one of the main things that made the MXT such a success. It's all about the detecting and I like that Idea.

John.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dbsmokey said:

I’m a bit hesitant because of the battery type and lack of conductivity switch....

I suspect the www.RNB-innovations.com aftermarket Iithium batteries will work in these.  That gives you more battery life (mAh) but about the same voltage.  Here I'm assuming the NiMH battery pack for the TDI/SL will be the same one used in this new detector.

I think even without the conductivity switch (so presumably locked in 'all' as is the case with the TDI/SPP) you still get some discrimination by listening to the frequency of the tones.  It's apparently a bit noiser in 'all' as opposed to 'high' or 'low' switch settings but other than that you let your brain do the discriminating.  At least that is my less-than-expert understanding.

• Like 1

I want Whites to succeed with their waterproof TDI, however if they do not address the timing issue and get the timing down to 7 usec, they will not compete with the new Fisher Manta. Sensitivity to gold will be much better with the Manta and its fast timing. Its one of the main selling points of the Manta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I suspect the www.RNB-innovations.com aftermarket Iithium batteries will work in these.  That gives you more battery life (mAh) but about the same voltage.  Here I'm assuming the NiMH battery pack for the TDI/SL will be the same one used in this new detector.

I think even without the conductivity switch (so presumably locked in 'all' as is the case with the TDI/SPP) you still get some discrimination by listening to the frequency of the tones.  It's apparently a bit noiser in 'all' as opposed to 'high' or 'low' switch settings but other than that you let your brain do the discriminating.  At least that is my less-than-expert understanding.

Yeah GB I think your right, according to the manual this one takes the same battery as the SL being 2200mah P/N509-0036.

• Like 1