New Whites TDI Beach Hunter

2 minutes ago, Mxt Sniper said:

I want Whites to succeed with their waterproof TDI, however if they do not address the timing issue and get the timing down to 7 usec....

Carl Moreland (one of the major design engineers of the TDI series) has already said here on this site that the current circuitry of the TDI cannot stably support shorter delay's than the lower limit of 10 microseconds.  Maybe White's current engineers have reworked the circuitry.  We can only hope.

With the existence of a manual, a webpage and a video I’m of the opinion it’s not a lie;  however, it is a puzzling marketing strategy.  

• Like 1

I think that Whites was waiting to release it at some point but some naughty person posted it on their web pages and now this video plus the manual being on Whites site means it is real,

I really wish Whites all the luck in the world and thank them for raising the bar even if the Cat should of stayed in the bag, I am also pleased that they have listened to folks and put a TDI in a Wet Suit, lol. 

Well done Whites.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

I want Whites to succeed with their waterproof TDI, however if they do not address the timing issue and get the timing down to 7 usec, they will not compete with the new Fisher Manta. Sensitivity to gold will be much better with the Manta and its fast timing. Its one of the main selling points of the Manta.

It will be interesting to see what the pulse delay/timing capabilities of the final production Manta will be. It's been discussed by quite a few folks that the big hurdle is factory production of a coil that can reliably operate below 10uS. Time will tell and at least now,White's may have given them a reason to hurry it along!

10 hours ago, dbsmokey said:

With the existence of a manual, a webpage and a video I’m of the opinion it’s not a lie;  however, it is a puzzling marketing strategy.  

No more puzzling than a parachute delivery..............

Lets hope it won't take that long to hit the market!

• Like 1

We have seen but just how many of you have one? I’d like to have one but can anyone tell me where I can buy it .

Could this be a dream ? If whatever reason it’s not on White’s site anymore then we just as well be dreaming.

I wish  I wish I spit in one hand and wish in the other to see what gets full the fastest.

For something that’s not there it sure looks  good.

Chuck

Maybe White's is waiting for Fisher to make the first move......????????????