New Whites TDI Beach Hunter

The whole thing was obviously a leak. This can’t be a TDI Pro in a Beach Hunter case since it won’t fit and there are heat issues. The TDI SL Board was made to fit specifically into a Classic ID / Beach Hunter ID box however so it’s fairly obvious to me this is the TDI SL stuck into a Beach Hunter ID box, with some controls removed. This was confirmed by the guy running the prototype in the video.

For a detailed page to be set up one might guess the machine is close to production but my guess is the Goldmaster 24K is the priority right now. With this to follow by year end. However, because it is a leak and Tom is being coy, White’s can still not produce the model at all and have full deniability. Looks good but don’t hold your breath until you see an official announcement.

3980C269-27EB-4227-BB1A-5415A108A14D.jpeg

Well if it turns out to be the TDI SL board then am I right in thinking that the overall depth won't be much more, if any, when compared to the Surfmaster Dual Field? Obviously some more operational flexibility with the extra controls on the SL.

What else am I missing?

Tony

The depth difference will depend on the level of mineralization. The TDI is a ground balancing PI, the Surf Dual is not. If you have low mineral soil (Florida) then no reason to get excited by this new model. West coast, Hawaii and other volcanic islands, that is where ground balance will give you a depth edge and help with hot rocks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Well if it turns out to be the TDI SL board then am I right in thinking that the overall depth won't be much more, if any, when compared to the Surfmaster Dual Field? Obviously some more operational flexibility with the extra controls on the SL.

What else am I missing?

Tony

Here on the west coast the difference between a TDI SL and Surf PI is about 4-6 inches on a gold ring.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tboykin said:

Here on the west coast the difference between a TDI SL and Surf PI is about 4-6 inches on a gold ring.

....Depends on coil size and even the area in Oregon.  Some spots are more mineralized than others!