New Whites TDI Beach Hunter

Steve and tboykin, Thanks for that information......local beaches down here can be a mixture of both with some showing nice golden/white sand on top but a good distinctive layer of black sand about 6" - 8" down (kills the VLF machines). I nearly always dig deep "test" holes to see if I am dealing with this "crappy stuff" because from the surface, you would never know it's there and can't work out why your detector is behaving so squirrelly!

I sometimes wondered where a machine will GB to....the top surface (being neutral) or the black magnetic stuff further down?

Oooohhhhh White's..........you're killin' me.....?

Luckily it's winter down here so I can wait (a bit)...

Tony

• Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, Tony said:

Steve and tboykin, Thanks for that information......local beaches down here can be a mixture of both with some showing nice golden/white sand on top but a good distinctive layer of black sand about 6" - 8" down (kills the VLF machines). I nearly always dig deep "test" holes to see if I am dealing with this "crappy stuff" because from the surface, you would never know it's there and can't work out why your detector is behaving so squirrelly!

I sometimes wondered where a machine will GB to....the top surface (being neutral) or the black magnetic stuff further down?

Oooohhhhh White's..........you're killin' me.....?

Luckily it's winter down here so I can wait (a bit)...

Tony

Most machines that have a single ground balance point will balance to a combination of what's under the coil. White sand usually lacks the type of minerals detectors look at for ground balancing, so I would guess that you will be balancing out mostly the black sand.

Here we have some difficult beach areas with black sand, basalt rocks, and then of course the conductive salt. Definitely pulse territory!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gerry Freeman-Smith said:

Well mine should be with me next week. 

They are getting them at Whites in Scotland in the next couple of days. I preordered and they said it will be dispatched immediately. 

Happy days!

What's the retail price on these in the UK?

Thanks,

Tony