New Whites TDI Beach Hunter

Any word from White's engineering if the new TDI BeachHunter can handle the 14.4v Li-ion (Reidman) battery? I'm assuming it's the same as TDI SL and there is no voltage regulator?

29 minutes ago, V3i/MXT Pro said:

Any word from White's engineering if the new TDI BeachHunter can handle the 14.4v Li-ion (Reidman) battery? I'm assuming it's the same as TDI SL and there is no voltage regulator?

See this post - https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7277-whites-what-is-going-on-please-with-the-tdi-beach-hunter/?tab=comments#comment-74347

Unfortunately mine has gone back for repair. I got it on the Tuesday, used Wednesday for 3 hours and recharged when I got home. 

Went Thursday machine working fine, switched off after 2 hours to talk to my buddy, then the machine refused to turn on. 

I tried the alkaline pack just in case I had a faulty charger,  but no. 

Whites of Scotland collected it next day but couldn’t send a replacement as they hadn’t any. 

Bummer!

Please keep us updated if they get back to you with a diagnosis.

Can I ask what battery you were running at the time (please feel to PM me on this matter ?)

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony, I was using the rechargeable pack and it was fully charged. I rang the engineer on the drive home and he suggested I try the alkaline pack in case I had a faulty battery or indeed charger. 

This I did to no avail, I also didn’t get a low battery light so thought it was something else. 

Ill keep you informed when I hear from Whites further. 

• Like 1

Tdi beachunter on its way back from Whites, it was nothing more than a mini connector popping off the board. It is reconnected, pressure tested and they assured me it won’t happen again. 
They think maybe the parcelforce couriers handling was a bit rough and it was loosened and the connector only just touching when I got it. Excellent service from Whites once again. 

• Like 1

Well that is some good news.......mine is due this Friday so I will put it through some beach tests this weekend.

Thanks for the update,

Tony

• 4 weeks later...