Greetings From Belgium

Bob'ke

Hello to you all,

Have been detecting for about 4 years/450 hours.  In the spring of 2017 I decided it was time for me to upgrade. Since then I pondered 3/4 detectors of different makes/models. After more than a year of watching and reading detector tests on the web, today I finally made my choice. I've ordered today a Minelab Equinox 800 and registered an account on DetectorProspector.com.  

Hope we all will be members of the "Minelab Equinox Fan Club" for a long time! :biggrin:

Greetings to all from a Dutchman, living in Belgium.

Bob'ke

• Like 3

Hello and welcome Bob'ke,

Im fairly new to the forum too.  Its a great forum, great chat, good advice and a fun place to be.

Speak soon matey!

Andy (UK).

• Thanks 1

Welcome Bob'ke!  And congratulations on your year of research.  You won't be disappointed with your choice.

8 hours ago, Bob'ke said:

Greetings to all from a Dutchman, living in Belgium.

Well, I don't know the camaraderie of those two neighboring countries; I just hope this post doesn't get you deported.  ?  FWIW I was fortunate enough to visit Amsterdam several years ago and found it a very friendly, welcoming, intelligent, historical, and vibrant place.

• Thanks 1

Thank you: Chase Goldman, Andy2640 and GB_Amateur for your nice and welcoming words. :happy:

@Chase Goldman: Fields, woods and recreational areas. :smile:

@Andy264: I know, I've been lurking here for quite some time. ?

@GB_Amateur: "They" won't find me that easily, i'm spending too much time metaldetecting in the fields and in the woods. :ph34r:

See/read you later. :minelab:

Hi All,

The Equinox 800 arrived in the mail this morning.

NOW I'm a fully fledged member of this forum.?

• Like 1

Speaking from, experience, your going to LOVE it ? 

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

After receiving my new Equinox 800 yesterday morning, I went on my first hunt with it late that afternoon.

I went to a field were the wheat had been harvested a couple of days ago and where I spent a lot of hours with my other detector.

10 Minutes in, 15 meters from the car:  the Equinox gave its 3rd nice sound (the 1st a bottlecap;  the 2nd some kind of rivet):

A cut (1/4) hammered coin. (see photo)    My first hammered, ever!  ?  I'm completely sold on this detector. ? 

I was in "Field 1" -factory settings- , only did "noice cancel":  a clear 2-way sound, vdi 8,  found at 6",  very dry (almost dusty/sandy) red clay soil.

Have been going over that spot many times in the past with my other detector ("entry level", but have found many, many good targets with it). Must have indicated the coin as "iron" in the past. The Equinox 800 is definitely an upgrade for me. ?

Greetings,

Bob'ke

Hammered 180725.jpg

• Like 3

Nice!  From my scaling this appears to be smaller in size than a US dime.  In bone dry soil, I suspect many detectors would struggle with something so small at such a depth.  A good start with your Equinox!

• Thanks 1