Little Australian Nugget Equinox 800+11" Coil

Nice bit of info and read.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I found out by accident how hot the 6" concentric is for my Whites purely by accident because I bought a 6x10 Concentric for my GMT so I started testing all of my coils and with this new 6" coil for the Equinox it comes as no surprize that it is going to be a real winner for fine Gold and on larger items like coins it should be pretty deep too, But the real bonus will be in hot ground because the detector will not have to process so much info so in hot ground it will really excel.

Well JW if you put that 6" Concentric on the GMT it will be about as hot as the GBII, When I fitted the old GMII 6x10 Concentric to the GMT it made it a lot hotter to the point that I had to buy some scales with a 5 digit read out 0.0001oz or 0.001gm and the GMT  with that coil could see bits on the surface that were so light that they would not register on those scales, What the GMT 2D coil see's at 1" in the Air the old Goldmaster GMII 6x10 Concentric will see up to 3" which makes it perfect for sniping tiny Gold from Bedrock etc, The 14x8 DD and the 14x8 Concentric are blind to tiny bits and they are the worst of the larger coils and have slightly worse sensitivity than a 14khz machine with a big coil,

It would be good if the GM-1000 coils would fit the Equinox but I think the new coil for the EQ should be pretty good, time will tell.  

Try and buy the old GMII coil for your GMT, If you can't find one I will see if I can track down a 6" GMT coil for you.

I spent a couple of days with my 6" coil in the gold fields of Southern California and the Sierras.  The two places I hit had been pounded.  I should expand on it more but you guys have a thread that lets me relate my experience a bit here.

I've told of my all-niter as soon as I got the coil in Southern California.  My expectations were greater for the Sierra trip.  I used it on my first stop to patch hunt a club claim and hike the edges of the 80 acre claim.  It is a good choice for that but it would be NICE if there was a bit more gold on the claim to begin with!  More on that in another thread also.

As it turns out I only found one tiny piece of gold, .1g and that was with the 7000.  A friend of mine also located a target with his 7000 and he had me come over and dig the target.  I was able to hear it among the hot rocks and once out of the hole it screamed.  It was about .2g.  The same area was being combed again with GB2 and I used the 800 with just one other tiny nugget found.

You can't find what is not there.

I need different ground to test the 800.

Mitchel