Howdy TK,

Awesome!!  Now thats something i'd love to find in an attic, or a garden sale!!  I wonder how well it works.

Are you planning on testing it out?  I'd be mega interested in its capabilities and depth limits!

Oh boy' o boy'.... how technology moves forward! All that tech, now in a tiny and lightweight Nox.  Astonishing!

Hheheheee ....  Agreed.

For Nostalgic reasons though and for a good chuckle, i would love to see its performance.  Personally if i had that little beauty, id start a whole new thread on the thing, including some well documented info + photos etc (much like your recent post) 

Then after that, I'd put it on display in my house ?  

I would have bet money it was an early White's model because there are so many parts that are exactly the same.  The short stem white plastic shaft.  Coil attached it with a brass bolt that had black plastic knobs.  The actual handle, external speaker and even the knobs are same size, shape and color.  The white plastic cap that screws the  coil cord into the coil is even the same.  The battery goes in the back like the White's and it even has the black plastic battery buckle clips.  

I'm thinking it is an early to mid 70's model and maybe a knock off of White's?  I know Sears sold White's detectors in the 70's or early 80's.  Keep us informed.

• Like 4

It was made by White's as a special for Apollo. I have one identical to this, plus the larger model below. It's a mid-70's TR-Disc. Around this time White's made specials for Sears, Apollo, Fireball, The Association, and Alexander Enterprises. Probably others.

Apollo1a.jpg

• Like 6

I'd like to see a Jeopardy style quiz contest between Steve H. and Carl M. with the topic 'metal detectors'.  Grab some popcorn and a frosty beverage; then sit back and be amazed with the procedings.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ophirboy said:

Have not seen any of these in Aus ,but it is a BFO detector that would date from the late sixties to early seventies. The manual is probably still available on the net .

regards PM??

That’s about right, he said he imported it to Australia about 50 years ago.  He never used it, it’s still in the original box with the warranty paperwork!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I used one of these when I was 17 years old. Rich pickings back then, way way back then... A lot of younger detectorists  may not know what a Garrett A2B is or looks like. Goes back to the old Groundhog circuitry, 15khz, VLF/TR, adapted for hot ground with a ten turn ground balance, tone control for audio. A good reputation here in Australia for finding gold. Before Minelab became king and before Pulse Induction became the main game.. This was found nearly unused, a real 'Closet Queen'. Seller told me he lost the battery tray not long after he got it, sat in the closet for nearly three decades... Karelian

On 7/25/2018 at 5:24 AM, phrunt said:

yes show the Garrett, I want to see it!!!

Some images to answer the question..

1489486155_saved2.jpg

1489486170_saved1.jpg

IMG_1646_edited.jpg

1489486207_saved4.jpg

1489486226_saved5.jpg

1489486242_saved6.jpg

1489486257_saved7.jpg

• Like 2