Which parts are 3D printed - the crossbar mounts and/or the mat, and what mateial?

I notice there are a few sluice designs on Thingiverse. 

It is actually really simple, I printed out the crossbar mounts and the hardware to hold just standard matting that I took off an old Keene sluice. I have been experimenting with printed riffles but they have not been to my liking. The material I used is Nylon with chopped carbon fiber(NylonX). I will post the files when I get the design to my standards, if you are interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

My 82 year old buddy needs a liteweight sluice.His old Keene sluice, the big one, is just too much for him. I am using a homemade 2 foot aluminum box with just carpet and 5/16 inch raised expanded aluminum and a piece of 2 inch angled aluminum under the intake end to keep water from flowing under the sluice as much. I like the crossbars on your design. I never understood the pseudo flare instead of a real bolt on flare tho? whats a printer cost to make this thing?

• 2 weeks later...

The pseudo flare is more to keep the design simple and less bulky. Printers are available in almost every price range from $150 and up. Like most things in life the really cheap ones are more hassle than they are worth usually but you can get a nice printer like the CR-10 for less than 500 bucks. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, M1dn1ghtN1nj4 said:

@Creekboy Not necessarily to cross-promote, but have you seen my 3D printed sluice box?I just posted an update today.  Finished my near-final design a few days ago.  Maybe it could spark an idea for something you could design?  I can help a little with suggestions and advice/tips if you need help.

Yea man it is pretty sweet,  perfect for cleanups! We must have similar minds and hobbies. I actually just finished a quick project you might like. I will post in a sec. 

Here's a picture from August of my son and a Thingiverse sluice I printed of PLA. It's not going to stand up to a lot of abuse in the real world that's for sure. I've used the Keene flares; this is much more of a toy, and I doubt it will see use twice. 

20180817_140315.thumb.jpg.fff5753d99d3a7ae3c61266b8c404d90.jpg

10 hours ago, rexhavoc said:

Here's a picture from August of my son and a Thingiverse sluice I printed of PLA. It's not going to stand up to a lot of abuse in the real world that's for sure. I've used the Keene flares; this is much more of a toy, and I doubt it will see use twice. 

20180817_140315.thumb.jpg.fff5753d99d3a7ae3c61266b8c404d90.jpg

That’s really great! Yes, PLA tends to be very brittle and does not like to be left in hot cars but this is awesome, I’m glad there are others out there wanting to print their own gear.