4 More White's 24K Nuggets

How deep were those, Gerry?  Just curious.  I've learned to appreciate the eye appeal of gold on quartz specimens like these.  Looks like you didn't even have to acid treat them.  Beuties!  Even the patina on the '62 Memorial cent -- you definitely know how to frame up your finds.

• Like 2

That speci in the scoop look Awesome!.

But I’m guessing myself as well as others want to know if this detector can find that tiny gold that a lot of the higher frequency detectors can find?,

And what makes this new detector from Whites stand out , different or a lot better improvements wise compared to the GMT or other White’s detector’s as let’s face it it’s been a fair while since they’ve released a VLF Gold orientated Detector.

I guess with the talk that there might have been a dual frequency type detector that they might have been releasing some of us have had high hopes of a detector that might be a game changer like the Minelab Equinox has been hailed as.

Please keep us all updated with your finds and thoughts.

• Like 1

Folks,  My conditions could be totally different and probably are.  The sites I have been detecting are not typical mineralized soils, but more of old worked tailings and ore dump piles.  The 1st pic piece was only 3 to 4" and it was a screamer as expected for that size.  The 3rd pic, which is the 2nd nugget was maybe 3" at most.  The last pic was actually the deepest and it was 5 to 6".  Guess I messed up on the photos as I do not have a pic of the 4 posted...sorry.

I'm not an Engineer so I could not say for certain if the new XGB alone adds more depth, but I am a believer of the smoother a detector can operate, the easier my ear can hear distinguish a faint signal.  I do feel in the sites I have tested, it does run much smoother and less EMI as well.  Also, I am able to operate literally 5 feet away from another 24K.  This is from White's - Detection of the 24K is better in certain situations up 40%.

Yes, even an ugly nugget can look good if you know how to take a picture with right lighting and background.

My 4 biggest LIKES of the 24K so far. 1st is User Friendly Operation. 2nd is the Smoother/Fast Ground Balance. 3rd is price. 4th is...I'm finding some nice gold...and having fun doing it.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Nice finds and great pics; I'm liking the lichen.

Now that is a fine video there my friends.  Not only did Tom do a fantastic job of showing the detector, he actually took the time to  explain each button very well.  Hats off to you Tom Boykin and thanks for sharing John.

Heck,  I learned so much I'm heading out to find some gold.

• Thanks 1