Nice 1/2 Ounce Slug Found With My Minelab

Thought I would share a pic of a 1/2 ounce slug I found one afternoon this week. :wub: We have a gold area here in my home town which is called McDonalds flats, some really nice decent sized nuggets and specimens have come off here with metal detectors over the past 20 years, my biggest being a 4 ounce piece which I found with the SD 2000 in 1995. We have had some extremely hot weather here the past few weeks but thanks to a rainy spell the temps have dropped dramatically, so I've been enjoying the cooler weather before the mercury starts to climb again!!

I suppose you could say I went to McDonalds and got a McNugget!! :lol:B):wacko:

15gram_zpse832957f.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks for posting that JP. I was thinking it is about time for a Minelab post, what with all the Garrett ATX posting lately. I like to spread it around to keep it even so you beat me to the punch. I have one nugget hunt so far in 2014 but no gold that day. The fact I was nugget detecting in January was a first for me regardless! Anyway, great find, and wishing you a pile more in 2014.

Nice piece JP and in the photo its hole in the background is of a reasonable depth and is that a glimpse of white I see below your fingers. If so maybe detected with the standard commander 11" mono running in Fine Gold going by that mineralised colour of the ground.

Nice piece JP and in the photo its hole in the background is of a reasonable depth and is that a glimpse of white I see below your fingers. If so maybe detected with the standard commander 11" mono running in Fine Gold going by that mineralised colour of the ground.

The nugget was just a murmur using FG, a nice dipping response, theres a lot of grass and sticks laying everywhere so using a larger mono is problematic. Steve will know the signal response I'm talking about from our prospecting adventures in WA a few years ago, he did really well on nuggets around this size. :)

I went back the next morning with one of our twin boys but only managed a 1 gram piece for the four or so hours we hung around the area, its one of those places you go detecting in with zero expectations and every now and then it rewards you.

JP

• Like 1

Very nice JP, also I very much liked you recent article in ICMJ...............Best Wishes.....Idaho Al

• 4 years later...

Wow, congrats.