Nox 6” Coil Hunt

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Alright I spent around 2.5 hours out in the wild this morning using Equinox 800 and small coil.
Made a coupel stops just to check Emi, these spots I think seem to paint a good pic of how a detector can cope with Emi.
Nox sounded good.
Found one clad coin about 1.5”deep.  So after recovery I swept area and sure enough a what seemed like a big piece of ferrousnwas the blocker, the why likely I didn’t find this coin when this area was swept just a couple months ago with both Nox and Etrac with stock coils.
Dig one other signal that was trying to hold 13innthe meter but would trend 14 ID.  I suspected no nickel, but had to see.  Sure enough the square tab in pic.
I think a lot of folks will be able to run at least 24 Sens in a lot of places if this is what they desire.

Next I went to one of the roughest sites (old) I know of with loads of iron, various shapes, depth.

I’ll say this right off, Equinox 800 in an environment suchnas this running 0-2 iron bias will not run totally quiet on all the ferrous in the ground,
Dialing iron bias up will snuff out a ,lot of it, but a user risk missing some finds that are detecfor is capable of locating.

I stayed primarily in park 2detect mode.
Did use field 2 toward the end of my short hunt this morning, and liked what I witnessed.
This particular site is in pretty good shape to hunt right now.
When owner rakes and rolls the hay (it’s thin) it will be in real good shape for summer to hunt.

Using pinpoint with small coil likely won’t be used much to pinpoint a target.  Operator just needs to sweep using detect mode and mark your spot and dig.  The pinpoint feature does however give some valuable intel to expose some bigger iron or bigger nonferrous not targets (which a re usually junk).

Also, iron, Nox with this coil tends to give what I call labored tone.  Not smooth at all.

Will post a pic.
Did find one item that’s a bit unusual.  This area pounded hard in the past too.  Checking this particular target depressing horseshoe button yielded clean edges on both sides of target (zero iron tone).
Don’t know what it is or was part of.
The what looks like a 22 caliber bullet older, was deep for this small coil.

vgrezd.jpg

Great report, TN!  I have not had a chance to get mine out other than in my yard.  Good omen though was that the first target was a clad quarter that was close to the stacked stone retaining wall, perhaps just too close to the wall to get a good swing with the 11" because I know I had covered that area with the EQX previously and the thing was screaming at me from about 3".  Agree with all your comments including being able to run it up in sensitivity and pinpoint not needed for actual target recovery but just used primarily to get a bead on what the target might be in terms of size and depth since the detect mode modulation is lacking on this machine.  I know a trashy permission where this coil will make a big difference.  Heading to the beach next week and even though I would not normally cover the beach with this type of coil, I am bringing it with me to run it through its paces.