Who Digs All The Signals With Nox ?

I dug some tiny 18 k gold at 1 TID . 

I almost never dug the signals beetween -9 and 0 .

So i wonder if we can miss some deep gold who could be in the ferrous tone ? 

Maybe some of you who dig everything have the answer ? 

I know with some detector ,some gold come in ferrous tone , so what about the nox ? 

• Like 1

To me it does not matter if I am hunting gold or coins/relics , I dig it all, I do try to see if I can ID the item I am digging before I dig it.

So far it has worked for me , was swinging for gold with the 6 inch coil, got a 14 then right away it hit a 3...swing the other way and got a 3 then went  to 14 ,  dug it, the 14 was a hot rock but beside it was a very small sliver of lead.  The lead read a 3....could have been gold .

Depends on the site for me.  Most relic sites I try to dig it all, but if I'm at a site that has a high number of small arms shells, at some point during the day I may start cherry picking.  Will be interesting to see how the EQ800 does at some of my good relic sites this fall. 

On land i would mostly dig all . But not on the beach tops . Lower on the beach between tides i dig 90 % plus.

My experience with the NOX is you have to dig everything. More so than any other detector I've used. I know Steve and other people talk about thats always been an issue with most detectors but I've never been fooled with the Deus or the like. If it was ringing up iron it was iron. So far everything I dig with the NOX that is low tone its mixup of what you might actually dig

• Like 1

I agree with Cal....... the various modes may determine if its worth it.    As a beach hunter i often hunt in two tones AM.  Most bobbie pins come in at around -2 with a bit of a higher tone off the swing........ rusted jewelry..... -5 or 6.    We all know at some depth most machines can say there is a target there but it will either ignore it put it in the iron range.   Thus far any thing the Nox tones as iron has been iron for me.   I have some great headphones and have noticed most signals tend to be like running 10 gain where all the targets sound louder.... not a lot of modulation to me.   But....... every now and then i get some REALLY REALLY weak tones in the back ground....... anyone else notice that?  Ive not dug to see if im just getting weak black sand...... but i will check a few the next hunt.   Like most who dont want to dig small targets as a time waster........ i dont think digging iron with VLF disc machine will give much pay off..... especially with the time spent when its designed to ID a target..... unlike a PI.... that doesnt care and doesnt try to process the signal .... just tells you something is there.

• Like 1

Good question IMO.

Well ive learned that the pesky ring pulls ring in at 15.  Although ive had different varieties at 14 and 16.  Which is a bugger, cus silver Half crowns come in at 16.   I like the advice another forum member gave, which i can relate to, which is non-coins/junk and ring-pulls have a tendency to have an elongated tone to them.  Coins are very sweet (Blip ... Blip).

Mostly though i go by gut feeling. Although if i have plenty of time, i'll dig the odd bad signal just to confirm to myself i had it right.  At the start of using the noxy, i'd say dig it all.  Its the only way to learn.

Cheers,

Andy.

• Like 2