The Award For The Worst GPS Goes Too......

..........    The Ordnance Survey TRAIL 

Here's what i found:

1. Software is utter useless tosh! Error messages, jerky movements, sluggish. Im tech savvy - But this thing takes a computer programmer to operate. 

2. The touch screen doesnt react. There made to last and take knocks, but still you cant move the screen to look at your maps.

3. Mine turned up faulty with rubber joystick not allowing me to look left. 

4. Price is stupendously high for a piece of poo.

5. Signal takes an age and a half to lock on.  

6. WIFI takes an age to sync, other times it never will. (That was the last straw).

7. Compass is the worst i have ever used.  Never, even after calibration does it show a true heading.  Spoke to customer service and they said there not too reliable.  Hang on .....  Dont I rely on the compass to find my way around on foot??  He sounded confused ...  and again this was the last straw.

And so......

I now have the Garmin Montana 680.   AND ..... Its bloody brilliant.  Review to follow ? 

Andy.

That gps should find its way back to wherever it came from for a refund! 

Imbusefbto my simple Harmon foretrex 400. 

Hya RM

Already done, it back for a refund a few days ago.  When the lady asked if i wanted to exchange it for another, i couldn't help feeling ill ? It was that bad of a product.

However the Garmin Montana is frickin awesome!   Logging finds, attaching a picture of said find, and establishing search patterns is a godsend. Every detectorist should have one IMO.

Andy,

19 hours ago, Andy2640 said:

However the Garmin Montana is frickin awesome!   Logging finds, attaching a picture of said find, and establishing search patterns is a godsend. Every detectorist should have one IMO.

Andy,

Hey there Andy!
There's a chap in the UK that makes a detecting GPS app, aren't those detecting GPS apps better then a stand-alone Garmin handheld GPS?

HH,
Cal

• Thanks 1