More GMT 24K Xgb Ground Balance Clarification Wanted??

I am wanting to know more about the new pat pending XGB ground balance, how is this better than say a standard mxt or old GMT ground balance method? Does it allow more depth than older VLF nugget detectors? Does it smooth out the threshold noticeably.  The 50% more voltage to the coil is pretty self explanatory and you can hear the results of that with the super strong target signals the 24K creates on targets.

• Like 3

Realize I am not an Engineer.  if I were, I'd be making my own detectors.  No.. I am a user of them.

I don't know how much more depth I am getting as I have not really been hunting solid ground.  I've chased and found pieces in tailing piles and ore dump piles.  Maybe one of the other testers will chime in for the ground they have been testing.  Yes my threshold runs smoother which allows my ears to hear faint signals better.

Your last sentence makes me think you have used one or at least heard one up close?  

Sorry my answer may not be exactly what you are looking for.  I am finding more than my share of gold though.

Nope I havn't used one, just watched the Oregon Gold video closely, saw that the audio is on steroids compared to older vlfs. I recently sold my old Los Banos GB2 and am thinking about a replacement. Not in any hurry. I do well with my 4500 paired to the NF Evo 14x9, actually I rarely was using my GB2 anymore due to the NF Evo 14x9 being so sensitive. #9 birdshot at 3" depth is a pretty common find for me.

• Like 2

"it allows the machine to track more than one ground balance point at a time"

Wow!

Ground cancelling is coming into its own.  Auto offsets, (several models),  Hole-less PIs (GPZ),  Ground cancel spans (ATGold)  and now multiple point ground tracking (GMT 24K)

I like it.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

With all the show and tell that Gerry has found says volumes for the Goldmaster GMT 24k.

I don’t need to know how White’s done it but whatever it is works.

In 65 I put one together that came in a kit but come 66 I got my first White’s. If they keep doing it right like said I don’t need to know.

Chuck

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

Nope I havn't used one, just watched the Oregon Gold video closely, saw that the audio is on steroids compared to older vlfs. I recently sold my old Los Banos GB2 and am thinking about a replacement. Not in any hurry. I do well with my 4500 paired to the NF Evo 14x9, actually I rarely was using my GB2 anymore due to the NF Evo 14x9 being so sensitive. #9 birdshot at 3" depth is a pretty common find for me.

MXT Sniper, You probably know but I wanted to make sure.

Yes a smaller coil will hit small gold better.  You are correct, the new EVO and ELITE coils even have more sensitivity and depth.  BUT and this is a big BUT... certain types of gold are missed with the Pulse Induction technologies.  I have found specimens with over an ounce of gold in them and my PI will hardly see it at 3" and my VLF picks it up at 10".  Most of the top hunters have a PI and VLF for a reason.  I am suspecting that is why you are looking into a new VLF to compliment the 4500 you are swinging.

• Like 4

Yep, I normally carry the pi and a vlf due to different types gold. Will be interesting to see white's writeup on the XGB. 

• Like 1