Pinpointer Compatibility With Equinox 800

ed 1

Hi, am looking to purchase a good pinpointer to use with my Equinox 800. Talked to the sales guy at the shop where I purchased the detector and enquired about getting either a Garrett pro or the latest Nokta. The sales guy would only recommend that I get a Minelab pro find 35 as the others would interfere with the detector meaning that I would have to switch it off if I wanted to use the pointer. Has anyone had these sort of problems or was it just a creative salesman ?, any thoughts would be helpful, thanks

I have not had any problems with pinpointers and my Equinox 800 or 600. I have used the Garrett Carrot, Whites TRX and currently my Xpointer. I think your dealer does not know. There have been articles published saying you may have to move the detector to avoid interference but I have had no issues with my pointers interfering with Equinox 800 or 600

You can easily cancel out any interference from a pinpointer by doing a noise cancel with the Equinox with the pinpointer turned on.  That being said, I have not encountered any interference problems using three different model pinpointers.  None of them being the ML Pro 35.  Not only is your dealer's statement questionable regarding interference from the other PPs,  but there is nothing I am aware of that guarantees the ML Pro 35 won't cause interference either.   I would seriously question the motives of your dealer and whether he has your best interests as a detectorist at the top of his list.  At the very least, giving him the benefit of the doubt ethically, you might want to consider shopping around for a more technically knowledgeable dealer whose recommendations you can trust.

I have heard mixed reviews of the Pro 35 and have not used one, so cannot make a recommendation on it, so suggest you do some research on it and decide if it is right for you.

• Like 1

Use the carrot with my Eqx 800 with no problems at all.

• Like 1