Sign in to follow this  
ed 1

Pinpointer Compatibility With Equinox 800

Hi, am looking to purchase a good pinpointer to use with my Equinox 800. Talked to the sales guy at the shop where I purchased the detector and enquired about getting either a Garrett pro or the latest Nokta. The sales guy would only recommend that I get a Minelab pro find 35 as the others would interfere with the detector meaning that I would have to switch it off if I wanted to use the pointer. Has anyone had these sort of problems or was it just a creative salesman ?, any thoughts would be helpful, thanks

I have not had any problems with pinpointers and my Equinox 800 or 600. I have used the Garrett Carrot, Whites TRX and currently my Xpointer. I think your dealer does not know. There have been articles published saying you may have to move the detector to avoid interference but I have had no issues with my pointers interfering with Equinox 800 or 600

You can easily cancel out any interference from a pinpointer by doing a noise cancel with the Equinox with the pinpointer turned on.  That being said, I have not encountered any interference problems using three different model pinpointers.  None of them being the ML Pro 35.  Not only is your dealer's statement questionable regarding interference from the other PPs,  but there is nothing I am aware of that guarantees the ML Pro 35 won't cause interference either.   I would seriously question the motives of your dealer and whether he has your best interests as a detectorist at the top of his list.  At the very least, giving him the benefit of the doubt ethically, you might want to consider shopping around for a more technically knowledgeable dealer whose recommendations you can trust.

I have heard mixed reviews of the Pro 35 and have not used one, so cannot make a recommendation on it, so suggest you do some research on it and decide if it is right for you.

• Like 1

I use the Pro35 and am very happy with it, if it gets close to the coil it makes noise....hope this info helps 

Use the carrot with my Eqx 800 with no problems at all.

• Like 1

hi, thanks for the advice, have ordered a carrot and cannot wait to use it, ED

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By cjc
      A Quick Look at The Nokta / Makro Pulse Dive
      I was fortunate enough to field test a prototype of this amazing device and was immediately impressed by the Pulse Dive’s rugged, professional feel.  The solid “heft” of the device made all other pinpointers I’ve tried feel like flimsy toys.  It’s also a great, practical concept—a waterproof diving detector with a deep 5.5” (14 cm.) coil for that converts in a second to a regular pinpointer.  The Pulse Dive features 5 levels of Sensitivity adjustment, selectable vibration, light and tone alert and can be paired with your headphones via a built-in wireless module.   The production model features yellow detail for easy visibility underwater and comes in a sturdy case.  The Pulse Dive kit includes covers for both coils, holster, lanyard, spare gaskets, charge cord and manual.  There's also a second, louder endcap for land use.  This is an extremely well-thought-out device—great not only as a deep, full featured standard pinpointer  but also for quick area searches of  dwellings, stone walls, enclosed spaces--and even as a security wand.   My tests showed the Pulse Dive to have great sensitivity to small gold—even chains.  It also had nice depth for coin hunting on land.  Picture shows a ’32 cent and '38 nickel—my first two finds pinpointed with the Pulse Dive.   A great addition to any serious inland or shoreline treasure hunter’s kit. 
      cjc

• By kac
      My Profind 35 seems to sound off on nothing and seems to be getting worse. 
      If I turn it on away from anything facing upward it will sound off if I turn it facing down. If I turn it on facing down it seems to be ok but will start sounding off sometimes sideways. I have cut the sensitivity to halfway but that makes no difference. I have a fresh 9v in it.
      Has anyone else run into this?
      (note it is a replacement unit, previous unit the speaker died but would run pretty stable)
    • By mh9162013
      If you've read some of my posts, you know I hate 9V batteries. I finally finished a working prototype of a 9V voltage booster so I can use a rechargeable LiPo in my Pro-Find 35. Here are a few pics:

Based on indoor testing, the performance exceeds the stock 9V battery. If you want to learn more, check out my blog post:
      https://gadgetsoftheoutdoors.blogspot.com/2019/05/discussion-getting-rid-of-9v-batteries.html
      I was hoping to use loose AAA cells for this, but it would require permanent modification of the end cap and I'm not ready to do that yet.
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Valued Members, 

We are proud to announce our new PulseDive Scuba Detector and Pointer that features our patented design! With the PulseDive, a user can transform their Scuba Detector into a Pinpointer and vice versa in a matter of seconds!

PulseDive is a very competitive and great product not only with its design, but also with its price point at $189 for the 2-in-1 set that comes in a fancy, water resistant, hard-shell carrying case and other accessories including a security lanyard! Why should you pay for a scuba detector and a pinpointer separately when you can get them both with the PulseDive. However, if all you want is the wireless enabled waterproof pinpointer only you can have that also for only $119!

Nokta / Makro PulseDive Scuba Detector & Pinpointer Comba
      PulseDive Features: 
      IP68 - Waterproof up to 60m (200ft.) Pulse Induction - This powerful technology allows for very stable operation in saltwater or in any type of soil. Built-in Wireless Module - Compatible with Nokta Makro 2.4 GHz Green Edition Wireless Headphones. Rechargeable - 1650 mAh LiPO battery charges in less than 2 hours. Detection Alerts & Indicators - 1.Audio Only 2. Vibration Only 3. Audio & Vibration & LED Indicator in addition to any of the above. LED Flashlight - Easily see your target at night or when hunting underwater. Rapid Retune - Ensures stable operation of the device with the push of one button. Dive Mode - Provides easier operation under water by locking the keys and preventing them to be pressed by water pressure while deep diving. Lost Alarm - After 5 minutes of inactivity, the device emits an audible alarm and LED starts flashing. Replaceable Hard-Shell Case - The replaceable pointer coil comes with a hard-shell protection case to prevent wear of the detection tip. PACKAGE CONTENTS
      PulseDive Set is available in 2 colors: Black or Yellow. 
      Water Resistant & Durable Hard-Shell Carrying Case 
      Pointer Coil 
      Scuba Coil Cover 
      Black or Yellow Replaceable Hard-Shell Case 
      Battery Compartment Cover (For land use) 
      Belt Holster 
      Security Lanyard 
      USB Charging Cable 
      Coil Connector Dust Protection Cap 

PulseDive 2-in-1 set is available in 2 colors: Yellow and Black. PulseDive is also available as a pinpointer only! 

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/pulsedive-scuba-detector-pointer-2-in-1-set/ 

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!

Nokta/Makro PulseDive Scuba Detector & Pinpointer Specifications

Nokta/Makro PulseDive Scuba Detector & Pinpointer Package Contents

• By mh9162013
      I'm considering the Minelab Pro-Find 15 and 35. It seems like the most important difference on a functional level is that the 15 has fixed sensitivity.

To any of you Pro-Find users out there, is the adjustable sensitivity on the 35 important? If not, why not?

Also, is the entire propointer a solid piece of plastic or is there a joint/seem where the black tip meets the yellow housing?