Knudsen Bowl And Jig Shot Questions

Does any place still make and sell the rubber Knudsen bowl liner? Google seems to just lead to a bunch of spam pages. I acquired an old bowl and the previous owner thought there was a store in Reno that made or sold them but I haven't had any luck locating said store. 

Also semi-related I am rebuilding an old jig, never used one before, and I was wondering what people use for shot? Do you just buy steel shot in bulk like from an ammo place or is there something cheaper and better to use specific to jigs? I see tungsten shot available for jigs but it's the same density as gold more or less so I'm having trouble seeing how that would work, especially if I want to save the black sands too. I'm curious what people use here?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jason,

I always had a vague interest in bowls and jigs but never really used them. I bought a little jig for Moore Creek but never used it at all.

These people might be able to help though it is a newer design so maybe not...

From https://mineraltechnologies.com/process-solutions/equipment-design-selection/shaking-tables-knudsen-bowl

Mineral Technologies designs and manufactures the MD Knudsen Bowl.

Specifically designed to recover gold from alluvial or hard rock deposits, upgrading and recovery of gold from concentrates from other gravity separation stages, exploration and evaluation of gold deposits ,and other mineral applications including cassiterite and scheelite.

All about jigs

Old video...

Thanks, I will give them a call and if they don't sell the liners then maybe they can point me in the right direction. Since posting I sorta gave up on the bowl as a lost cause and put it in the backyard, but I'd love to get it running if I can as I had some mining plans for it. 

Read through that jig page. Looks like what I have are two "Yuba" style duplex jigs. They are 600lbs each, pretty large. I've already rebuilt and refinished one of them about 90%. I also bought an old truck mounted drilling rig that basically needs totally rebuilt so that should be a challenge, I have no idea how to use this thing either once I get it running again (and I was once a directional driller on big oil rig - but not the same).

It's totally new to me, don't know anyone with any experience with this stuff. But that's part of the fun, learning it all. If anyone has any experience maybe they'll stumble on this thread, I didn't really find much posted in the past about this type of equipment so figured it might be good to have a thread out there.