Chasing Nickels Signals I End Up With Gold...

That is a very nice ring.   Congrats.

HH
Mike

Great looking ring but a better lesson.  I NEVER trust a jeweler when it comes to giving me a 'fair' price when they are buying from me.  I have gone to a couple who will tell me what I have if I want it repaired or cleaned.  A friend of mine who had been a jeweler and watch maker also will give me a sight appraisal but he doesn't know current prices any more.

The place I go to get the best information about my finds is a coin dealer (Wilshire Coin) with a gun.   I've bought gold coins from them in the past.  They weigh and give a percentage of gold by item and then they don't care if I sell it to them or not.  I know what they offer me for a complete jewelry item (they don't know stones) like a ring will never be retail.  It will still be more than most jewelers offer.

If you want retail then eBay is the place to go after you have the details but you have to pay the fees.  Look at similar items and you can tell a greater value.

Mitchel

Very ornate ring.  I can say I never pass up a nickel and will add most of the women's rings I've found register at or below a nickel.