Gold I Found in Victoria With The GPZ

Below is a picture of a nice 30 gram piece I found in Victoria during recent field trials..... I only have a basic working knowledge of patches and locations down there so was pretty happy when I plucked this chunk out of a patch I took a crew of Minelab guys to a few years ago on a training session with the GPX 5000, I can assure you all of us had our coils over it at one time or another because it was right in the guts of the main run.

Gold mode and Ground Type was General/Difficult, Sensitivity on 12 and Audio Smoothing at OFF. These are the best settings for large deep gold (1 oz+) in the noisy ground in Victoria's Golden Triangle.

JP

30 gram slug at a depth of 16" under an old boys throw out heap

post-9-0-99285500-1425414172_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-82998000-1425413977_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-44566800-1425413830_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks for the pictures and information on your settings. That's a very nice nugget, I'm sure there will be more. Are you working on a video for the GPZ?

Mugsy

I'm printing your posts out, JP, to keep with my user manual for reference in the field as I learn the 7k. Good stuff.

Thank you JP.   We'll take all the spare photos, videos and settings you care to pass along.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the difference between the Audio Smoothing function on a GPZ and the Stabilizer on a GPX. I just watched your new 4gm video and the 7000 seems to be running really smooth with no Audio Smoothing. I know if I tried running my 4500 with no Stabilization it would be painful.

Is this because the 7000 has better ground balancing and noise cancellation, or because Audio Smoothing and Stabilizer are actually different in some way? Or can we think of them as similar or the same?

Also, somewhat related I notice in your videos and lot of other Aussie videos which I am watching for the first time that you guys keep your thresholds pretty audible. I've always run mine so there is only a very slight almost inaudible background hum. What I'm wondering is on your 4 gram video Minelab just posted, do you think you would have missed that really faint signal if the threshold was set lower? Thanks.