Managed To Find A Small Patch

I'm late to this discussion but you are finding more gold while waiting for hip surgery than most of us find while having the luxury of good health. Continued good hunting and here's hoping you heal quickly there's lots of gold in your future.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2018 at 1:14 PM, Chris Ben said:

Filing appeals and grievances so we'll see what happens

One hell of a gold find! Excellent read. As for insurance denial of hip surgery at last minute, OMG is that pathetic yet having 32 years in the American healthcare industry, nothing surprises me HC related ... drop me a message if you so desire, maybe I can help (pro bono) with a terminology advisory on how to structure your written complaints and related matters. Among my lines of work is private investigations specific to the medical field and have had countless battles with parties over fiscal issues. Being scheduled for such a critical need surgery then refused the procedure due to a last day denial doesn't pass the smell test; a "legit" denial backed by evidence would never have reached a point where it was even scheduled.      

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mac said:

One hell of a gold find! Excellent read. As for insurance denial of hip surgery at last minute, OMG is that pathetic yet having 32 years in the American healthcare industry, nothing surprises me HC related ... drop me a message if you so desire, maybe I can help (pro bono) with a terminology advisory on how to structure your written complaints and related matters. Among my lines of work is private investigations specific to the medical field and have had countless battles with parties over fiscal issues. Being scheduled for such a critical need surgery then refused the procedure due to a last day denial doesn't pass the smell test; a "legit" denial backed by evidence would never have reached a point where it was even scheduled.      

Hi Mac, I appreciate your reply. I was finally able to speak to someone on the Authorization board of my insurance company. She actually seemed very helpful. She laid out a plan for me to follow in order to get this surgery done out of network.  I should find out end of this week, early next week. If denied again I will definitely look you up. Thank you

Chris 

• Like 2

Chris, this is awesome! You have done well... this news is good to read. May it work out for you as has been laid out to you by this rep, no further hassles/ headache. It's always interesting to me how it often takes just ONE person in a company to care, to get a good outcome. 

• Like 2