Hello to all I wanted to work on that project for a while,Fisher has always been synonym for me of Treasure discovery since I started the hobby 26 years ago,reading French magazine Tresor de l Histoire with pictures of Fisher detectors all over the place ...................O0000 boy how many hours I spend staring at the 1266xb.............I really like my F75DST et had a few Goldbug pro and G2 so I decided to start a bid of DIY .I am im Europe so parts aren't as available as on your side of the pond,i contacted couple of dealers and managed to get the parts for the handle,Arm cup is XP as it is 100 gr lighter than the fisher one,all carbon bits bought from Italy and Chian,the Clamp is from Sweden and designed for pole for window cleaning,coil will be an 13" Ultimate it is on her way from Bulgaria  anyway here we go :

Ladies and Gentlemen (DRUM ROLLS):

the GOLDBUG PRO 2 lite:

thumbnail[1] (2).jpg

thumbnail[1].jpg

thumbnail[1] (3).jpg

• Like 3

Ultimate is light and has good depth,i got few NELs but no MARS .Ultimate work well on most of the machine and weight is 530 gr i paid 99 pounds direct from Bulgaria could find 1 2nd hand.I made this machine for beach coin shooting and experiment her salt water capabilities.

I am not expecting the depth of my CTX but i won't have to wear a harness.

RR

Forgot to mentioned the F75 DST is once equipped of the 3X6 concentric faster and better than the Bug with the 5DD NEL or Fisher....on the River Thames

I am thinking about a different way to power it .............I bought 9V Lipo battery but I realised last night the 18500 3.7v battery fit perfectly in the carbon tube.As the handle is design for it I could run a cable inside the tube.....Also could remove the speaker and cut a bit of th e9v battery compartment.I guess Quest or Detenix must have worked on something similar.

The weight of a 9 Volt battery is 70 gr a 3.7v 18500 is 37 gr but I am not sure of the consumtion..............will 2 X18500 enough to power it?

If it is the case 74gr is added but removing the speaker and chop a bit of plastic inside the control box I could still be a winner not mentioning getting rid of the mini Jack socket.Or have a new control boc bax 3d printer and I may be able to fit one of those new LIPO flat battery .

RR

• Like 1

yeah, the F75 LTD with DST fitted with the 3x6 concentric is hot hot hot.     For 'tiny' target hunting I prefer it over the Goldbug Pro series.     

Nice mods.

HH
Mike 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

yeah, the F75 LTD with DST fitted with the 3x6 concentric is hot hot hot.     For 'tiny' target hunting I prefer it over the Goldbug Pro series.     

Nice mods.

HH
Mike 

On iron infested ground I managed lot sof gold and artefact at 65 of sensitivity in fast mode.

I only dislike the overload SIGNAL except from that it is a keeper.Mine is taped and have a few neoprene protection to keep it away from the mud I have been told they are a pain to fix when they go bad....................

RR

Nice Rr!!

I put a 12"x13" NEL Tornado on my G2+ and love it.  It still retains very good sensitivity to tiny targets, yet gives really good coverage when you need it.

I'm sure you'll be liking that Ultimate 13.

• Like 2

1697775221_goldbugmod700.JPG.0dfd35a6a100cb8803bae013c003b034.JPG746030191_fishergbtening-sven.jpg.26fd9d0ad6d96ee6c3b392d1ca3e86bf.jpg

• Like 3