Detecting An Iron-age Axe Head

A request for advice. What VDI would you expect to see when detecting an Iron-Age Axe Head with the NOX? Anyone got one out there that they could test? I've got permission to dig a great site for one day only this weekend close to a Monastery, an Iron-Age Fort and a Norman Castle. Normally I would use Field 2, All metal and no-dig when there is an All-metal signal. Often in a field, I'll get over 100+ signals, (The nox is brilliant in detecting, much more depth than my old machine. The challenge is knowing when not to dig!)  and will only dig a few clean signals. Because this site has great potential I do not want to miss out. In my past experience, I've found a modern rusty ax-head and its signal with another machine was all over the place. 

4 hours ago, CliveHamy said:

What VDI would you expect to see when detecting an Iron-Age Axe Head with the NOX?

Iron Age?  No, but I checked one I found in a former redwood forrest in California -- probably late 1800's or early 1900's.  In field-2 under 4 inches of moderately mineralized soil it was hitting 14 with excursions to 13 and 15, depending upon height of coil, orientation of swing direction, etc.  Hopefully someone with a relic closer to your anticipated age & composition will give you a better response.

Thanks GB-A, I've tested a rusted c20 one, got similar 13 then 14/15/26 depending on orientation.