Found My 3rd Half Dollar Ever Today!

Great hunt with some really cool finds.  The button, toy gun and jeep are in great condition.  I enjoy making those kind of finds and of course the half too!

• Thanks 1

Now THAT is a good hunt!    Thanks for sharing.

Mike

• Thanks 1

I hear you there strick this is definitely my best season ever and it's so nice to have the bug again. I started in 1997 bought a metal detector with my tax refund from Uncle Sam after I got out of the Marines. I had a blast detecting for quite a few years but then it seemed like I wasn't finding much. I also got into fly fishing so that took up my time. After getting the equinox I don't know if it's the machine or just the time in my life but I sure am happy to start finding stuff again and more than I've ever found before LOL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You sure get some nice big coins.

That button with the leaves is really nice.  Too bad about the spoon being broken, its really old.

I wasn't much of a hunter but I was an avid fisherman, I stopped due to conservation concerns. Metal detecting has replaced those activities in a big way. I love detecting a lot more then I did hunting and fishing. Metal detecting has more freedom and less restrictions for the time being. Even with a top shelf detector it's still a relatively cheap hobby.

There are a lot of variables as to why you may not have found much in 1997, who knows, it doesn't really matter much the main thing is that you are on to it now and will most likely be able to maintain this success more or less moving forward assuming you get the coil over some different ground every once in a while.

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch Alluminati. I also agree with the freedom of detecting. With hunting and fishing there's a lot more gear involved it seems and clean up both of gear and fish and game if you bring home some for the table. With metal detecting I can just grab my detector shovel in my tool belt and be on my way. I do wish old coins were still being restocked or they were growing and multiplying like trout and deer LOL

• Like 1