Minelab Did 24 Hour Turnaround On My Nox 800!

Well I don't think better customer service is even possible. Last weekend my Equinox 800 suddenly would not charge. After concluding it had to go in I left a message at the repair center in Illinois. Monday morning they returned my call and issued an RMA and it shipped out on Tuesday m. On Wednesday late afternoon  I got an email from Minelab that they received the unit and would contact me after it's looked at. Less than 24 hours later I get another email that my 800 is in shipment but no details. I replied asking what they found as the problem. Minutes later they replied that faulty units or parts are evaluated in Australia, but that the unit would not charge with a known good charger, and that changing the Lithium Ion battery also did not fix the no charge problem. So I replied again " am I to understand you have shipped a new control pod?," and moments later they replied " that is correct" 

Tracking says it will arrive on Tuesday. 

First class customer service, Minelab!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Well I don't think better customer service is even possible. Last weekend my Equinox 800 suddenly would not charge. After concluding it had to go in I left a message at the repair center in Illinois. Monday morning they returned my call and issued an RMA and it shipped out on Tuesday m. On Wednesday late afternoon  I got an email from Minelab that they received the unit and would contact me after it's looked at. Less than 24 hours later I get another email that my 800 is in shipment but no details. I replied asking what they found as the problem. Minutes later they replied that faulty units or parts are evaluated in Australia, but that the unit would not charge with a known good charger, and that changing the Lithium Ion battery also did not fix the no charge problem. So I replied again " am I to understand you have shipped a new control pod?," and moments later they replied " that is correct" 

Tracking says it will arrive on Tuesday. 

First class customer service, Minelab!

That being said, I would confidently say this is a first time incident and Minelab wants to know exactly went wrong.   I agree, over the past 20 years I've never had a 24 hour turn around.

Good news, it helps turnaround time that they are willing to do replacements rather than waiting for repairs and that they are doing detailed failure analysis back at ML HQ as I had suspected.  Also glad they were forthcoming with their limited troubleshooting details.  From what I gather from the description you relayed, if it was just a bad cell, they would have just replaced the cell (looks like the cell was able to be charged externally so they were forced to replace the entire control unit, likely faulty charge circuit as I suspected).  Glad you will have it back soon.

I’ve read nothing but great reviews on Minelab’s customer service and turnarounds this past year.

Throw away machine....... should improve turn around.   Now.... once the warranty is off that turn around im sure will continue.... but you might just be paying for it.  

I remember many moons ago i had a friend that started working for National Cash Register.   They soon realized he was completing his repair route in unbelievable time....... and the businesses were calling giving him so much praise.   So they asked him how he did it.   He said simple.......there are just 5 boards.... id swap them out until i found the bad one.   Then go back to the shop and repair the board there.    I personally like the swap and go.......right now that is.

• Like 1