My Real World Equinox 800 Experience (so Far)

Juiceman

Juice - Welcome to DP and the forum. I responded to you on another forum (as vferrari). I have seen site specific noise issues with the Equinox that can ultimately only be resolved by going single frequency after auto noise cancel, manual noise cancel, ground balance, reduced sensitivity, and switching modes and ultimately factory resets.  Agree with other users that beach mode should be one of the least "hot" modes subject to interference and chatter though some dry beach resort areas have a lot of cell, WiFi, and other interference that even obliterates beach modes.  I know you are almost at your wit's end and have tried all of the above. but based on what you've described here and elsewhere with high interference and low sensitivity, I really think you may have a lemon machine or coil (it happens) and should just request ML replace your machine (as I have recommended to you previously on the other forum).  It will cost you absolutely nothing but loss of an Equinox for a few days.  ML is bring very accommodating to Equinox customers and will give you the benefit of the doubt.  It is basically the only way to know if the Equinox is simply incompatible with your sites (design or difficult site issue), not a good fit with your detecting style, or that you have a one off manufacturing defect with your machine (hopefully the latter).  HTH.

• Like 2