kiwijw

First Day Success With Eq 800 & 6" Coil

I have been to Queenstown but it was in Tasmania. I guess I will have to look on the East side ditch instead of the south one. The scenery is great, but you have made them better with excellent framing of the landscape.    

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

I have been to Queenstown but it was in Tasmania. I guess I will have to look on the East side ditch instead of the south one. The scenery is great, but you have made them better with excellent framing of the landscape.    

Hi Geof, Believe it or not I have had mail go to Queenstown in Tasmania. True story. :rolleyes: Thanks for your kind words.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 1

Darn it JW, you spoiled the contest your first time out. Fly poop size gold is impossible to beat. Great work proving the Nox is a beast on gold. 

How you where able to locate that in your scoop is what I want to know lol.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stephen newell said:

How you were able to locate that in your scoop is what I want to know lol.

Hi Stephen. I had a very strong feeling that the Nox would be a weapon on tiny gold with the 6" coil after my experiences with the 11" coil. I wasn't disappointed. 👍. The beauty of the scoop is that as long as the signal is still in  the scoop it is still in the scoop. Right down to the last fragment of whatever is causing the signal. In this case a tiny, tiny bit of gold.:biggrin: Lucky I didn't sneeze. Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW,  you live in a beautiful place, incredible!  The tiny gold the Equinox detects, is almost as impressive as the landscape, almost!  Thanks for bringing us along on your adventures.

Brian.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Brian. This was my view from work today from the new house I am working on.

20180810_133428

Note the steam ship to the left of the container

20180810_132339

106 year old TSS Earnslaw. A coal powered steam ship. Use to ply the lake as transport for people, sheep, cattle & cargo. Now does tourist trips.

20180810_132339-1

20170715_120111

The TSS Earnslaw tied up in Queenstown bay

20170718_114607

Approaching Walter Peak Station wharf. 

20170715_124135

Here you go on a farm yard tour, feed the animals

20170715_125514

watch sheep dogs rounding up sheep & bringing them into the yard for shearing & of course sheep shearing. Then it's off to the building for a tea or coffee & a bite to eat.

20170715_132659

My son Stefan & grandson Luka & Stefan's partner, Patience. Not the mother of Luka. Looking out from the table to the gold side of the lake. No gold at all on Walter Peak Station side of the lake.

20170715_132142

TSS Earnslaw at the Walter Peak Station wharf

20170715_124850

My grandson, Luka, down in the engine room

20170715_123542

Stefan, my second eldest son. With the beanie on.

20170715_120339

The best value for money tourist thing to do by far. We always recommend it.👍

Cheers

• Like 4

The Earnslaw has season passes, only about 80 bucks from memory for a season.... damn good value. Nice photos! The house your working on looks like its on my street, Sainsbury Rd/Aspen Grove Road, the paved/brick footpaths and view angle give it away.

Must be nice working with that view on days like today, was hot though.

Stefan looks a lot like you.  The little fella has snowball white hair, I used to have that myself until I was about 10 years old.

• Like 2

Cripes JW, we really visited the wrong island last year!! 

Those pics are just stunning.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Northeast said:

Cripes JW, we really visited the wrong island last year!! 

Those pics are just stunning.

You sure did!

Love your stories about your nugget hunting kiwijw!  Great pics, it's just like being there!

Keep em coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1