GPZ Aftermarket Coils

Came across a post on Facebook, about this gentleman testing a few aftermarket coils. This really opened my eyes this morning. I was under the impression that the Minelab coils were chipped and no aftermarket coils could be used. If this was the case? Why did they wait so long? The smaller coil would suit my needs just perfectly. 

X Coil 2021 News

FB_IMG_1533479516672.jpg

Screenshot_20180805-073147_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4

• The title was changed to GPZ Aftermarket Coils
  • 2 weeks later...

bugger alright, hopefully tis only teething troubles. But it is good to know how they are going.

Don't know if I could handle a lightweight 7000 coil. I'd probably fall over on my back.

It'll be fun to see how these coils progress.

• 4 months later...

Hey davsgold,

i was curious how the small coils are coming along. The 10 inch and if an 8 inch might be coming.  Really interested, the smaller coils help me get in the small creeks and gulches, especially if they are waterproof.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:25 PM, davsgold said:

The 10"x9" is going well, but I don't think there will ever be an 8", there has to be x amount of room physically to fit stuff into.

cheers dave

Thats what i kind of figured but was hopefull none the less.  Looking forward to the 10x9 being available!  I really would like to see how that works for MDing up the gut of the small creeks and gulches I detect.  Would they be waterproof?  What kind of depth are you getting?  Debating on keeping my SDC or not. :laugh:

9 hours ago, davsgold said:

Yes the small coil would be good in and around rocky edges in creeks and gullies and in shallow type ground, depth is about 3"to 4" inches on tiny stuff, like point something of a gram size.  And about 12" to 13" on larger multi gram piece (10g), seems to be about what it can do.

I doubt it is water proof, light shower of rain and dew yes, but I would not be dipping in puddles, or in a creek with water in it. 

cheers dave

Well shoot looks like i gotta keep the sdc for my creek detecting.  I seem to get better depth inch or two, smaller coil 8", and waterproof.  Thanks for all the info!  Look forward to the big coils too!

Although i might just completly switch over to the nox for the creeks, but have had such good luck with the sdc. Hard decisions! Lol