Disappearing Targets

unearth

Today while beach hunting I had more than a few targets detected and then, after removing the first scoop, the target disappeared? This happened with quarters mostly and then dimes, both clad. But the nickels and pennies, especially the pennies, came through fine. I knew the target was there so I kept scooping until I finally got the target, but it was a bit frustrating. I was in the wet sand running beach 1, 0 GB, recovery at 5, iron bias at 2 and 50 tones. 

Has anyone else had this experience? And is this a problem with the Nox?

In water it often happens because if you can not take the coin right away, this drops into the hole in a vertical position, often out of reach of the metaldetector, but you know there is a target so you have to continue until you take it out.

The Nox is WORSE than the Xcal or CTX for loosing targets in the hole.   Not certain why..... but yes ive noticed it......i also know everything moves to the center of the hole...... so out comes another scoop.    Its a bit frustrating........ just knowing its there and you dont have a good signal on it that it is taking that next scoop that you would have anyway.

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

The Nox is WORSE than the Xcal or CTX for loosing targets in the hole.   Not certain why..... but yes ive noticed it......i also know everything moves to the center of the hole...... so out comes another scoop.    Its a bit frustrating........ just knowing its there and you dont have a good signal on it that it is taking that next scoop that you would have anyway.

In my limited use......I noticed a bit more defined target in AM. Are you in AM?  did you try switching?

midalake...... i use AM... all the time.   because as you say targets can get choppy.   What i do is reduce the volume in my first bin (iron) to 3 or 4.  that does a couple of thing...... clears up choppy signals,  give me sort of a threshold (i run 0 threshold), helps me adjust my sensitivity, and it moves some of those iron tones back to bin 1 where disc may have them sounding off in bin 2 ... just where you dont want it.

Maybe there is a problem, this morning I did two hours of research at sea, every time I had a target at the second shot disappeared, this put me more than a doubt, ok, it can happen that the coin falls vertically, we said it, but a ring, as it is, generally almost always remains horizontally, at this point I was forced to switch to pinpointer mode to hear the target, I thought it was a loss of depth of Equinox, all the coins I found were recent, little trash, nothing old, on the way back, I discussed this thing with my guys at AMDTT, it could be a problem of settings, keep a recovery too low in salt water could mask very targets, Nox800 has a standard recovery of 6 I had put it at 5 because in the water the sweep is slow, but going slow it is easy that the tracking balance on certain signals and delete them, the solution would be to keep the manual ground at 0 and recovery at 6 or above, I do not know if to define this situation a bug, equinox is a new machine to be discovered and understood.
However, this morning did not go wrong. :-)

(I used the google translator, I hope you have understood the concept)Oasi-08-08-18.thumb.jpg.b49a5dac88524dc455c79191626f0a6e.jpg

This morning I wanted to put into practice the arguments made yesterday, I set Equinox with ground 0, recovery 6, gain 20, I made the noise cancellation with the coil at half depth, the first signs were quite good, no signal lost in the hole, then I increased the gain to 22 with some slight noise and responsiveness to 7, I found deep signals and I kept the detection of the target in the hole at least up to 10 "- 12" then I had to go to pinpoint mode, nothing all that happened yesterday, I made really deep holes to recover the € 2 coin, for me this confirms what we thought yesterday, that in salt water a low reactivity and a slow sweep masks much more the target compared to dry sand .

Cavalli-9-8-18.jpg

I dont find it as a problem per sa.   I know the target is there i heard it.... its not a time waster because id had to take another scoop anyway.   You also have to remember in the salt water you are using beach 2....... half the power and a salt setting and if you disc.... well theres a lot going on.   Normally what i find with to much sensitivity it makes it more difficult to PP the target not know its there.   Could well be like the explorers....... just dont like fluffy sand and its seeing the hole not the target.