It Pays To Plan Ahead And Make The Most Of A Situation

I had to pick my wife off at the airport and it's a trip I usually dread but I decided to plan ahead. I threw my metal detector and fishing rod in the car and a lot of water and hit a couple spots along the way or at least in the area. I got my most pieces of silver ever in a single outing and had fun exploring some new water and ground.

20180806_124940.jpg

• Like 9

I guess!  How many hours of searching was that?  Any hints on the site?  And no, I would never ask you to give enough info for someone to retrace your path, just an overview such as public site and type (school, park, etc.) vs. private permission.

That's half a year's silver haul for me and sounds like you did it in less than one day.  Some nice relics are the icing on the cake.  Way to go!

P.S. looks like you were discriminating high -- a typical ploy when time is limited.  Does it bother you that you left a slew of Buffalo nickels behind?  ?

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

I guess!  How many hours of searching was that?  Any hints on the site?  And no, I would never ask you to give enough info for someone to retrace your path, just an overview such as public site and type (school, park, etc.) vs. private permission.

That's half a year's silver haul for me and sounds like you did it in less than one day.  Some nice relics are the icing on the cake.  Way to go!

P.S. looks like you were discriminating high -- a typical ploy when time is limited.  Does it bother you that you left a slew of Buffalo nickels behind?  ?

Thanks a bunch GB! I know you weren't looking for the exact spot and I don't share it anyways so no worries but I have no problem giving some tips  because people have helped me along the way and if it helps speed up the learning curve and find you some silver  I'm happy. I was at a public park and hit the sledding hill on the inclined part not at the top and was using low disc. Field 2 on the Equinox 600. I was actually trying to find nickles which read 12-13, and dug several pull tabs and also botyle caps trying to find gold, and buttons.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to It Pays To Plan Ahead And Make The Most Of A Situation