Instant Or Delayed Gratification?

On 8/6/2018 at 5:41 PM, Leighton said:

Ok so I’m going to once again be asking opinions of the pros (you all). In my last post I asked what would be a better detector between the Teknetics T2+ and G2+, and it seems the G2+ would work better for gold which is what I’m going to be in the hunt for. But along the way I was introduced to the idea of saving up a little more and buying the equinox 800. What would you do? Option 1, Order the G2+ now and use it for a while in hope of finding a few good nuggets and then buying the Nox. Option 2, keep using my pawn shop kids detector and save up another 2-3 months to buy the Nox. Option 3, buy the Nox now on credit and have my wife hang me...?

Advise 1.  Don't upset the wife. 

Advise 2.  Save up for it. Let the wife know you're saving up for it. If it's not worth saving up for, it is likely not worth buying in the first place.

JMHO

Rich -

Ok so I’m trying to work a deal on a g2+ but I wanted to know if there was any difference from the g2+ to the g2+Ltd. is it just that Camo color scheme? I think that’s what I once read but I can’t remember or find that article.

4 hours ago, Leighton said:

Ok so I’m trying to work a deal on a g2+ but I wanted to know if there was any difference from the g2+ to the g2+Ltd. is it just that Camo color scheme? I think that’s what I once read but I can’t remember or find that article.

Hello Leighton,

Only difference is cosmetic, the electronics/features are the same in all G2+ color options.

Don't know if you're dealing for new or used?  They're going for $449 new direct from Teknetics. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks EMField. I’ve actually been down to the teknetics factory and they gave me that price too but I’m trying to get one off of eBay used if the seller will accept my offer but it feels like he thinks I’m low balling. But I can’t justify paying more than $300 used since they are so cheap new.

• Like 1

phrunt makes a good point about the warranty.

The standard warranty on the G2+ is five years from date of purchase to the original owner.  One of the better warranties among the different brands.  Warranty does not transfer, within the five yr period if sold.

When buying used, even on a machine only a couple months old, you're making a gamble that the money saved buying used will stay in your pocket, and not spent on repairs.

• Like 1

The Equinox is special enough I would definitely save up for a 600 instead. New or used, I wouldn't lose sleep over a warranty unless you plan on a fair amount of water detecting.

If the Equinox wasn't around then sure, whatever, myself I would lean towards a used machine, most are reliable and used very little. I buy most machines new though.