9 minutes ago, Mac said:

they say the goose laid golden eggs, so maybe the sheep there are pooping golden nuggets lol

It's funny you say that Mac, in that exact same area we found gold stuck in grass roots, the area gets very dry and sheep are likely to eat grass with roots and all when they're hungry... so i'm sure it's happened where sheep have pooped out gold in that area 🙂  I just think it's a spot that breaks the mold, gold does grow back on that path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I just have to work out how to get there 🙂

You have been there twice....it cant be that difficult. You have google & technology at your fingertips, & you are a legend at technology. Stop making up excuses & get up there.:laugh: I believe you have a gps so just punch in the coordinates & away you go. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I just think it's a spot that breaks the mold, gold does grow back on that path.

Ha ha...I may make it look like that.....but I bet it doesn't. I don't like my chances next time. Maybe the Nox will prove that wrong with its 6" coil. You better go & beat me to it.:biggrin:

JW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

You have been there twice....it cant be that difficult. You have google & technology at your fingertips, & you are a legend at technology. Stop making up excuses & get up there.:laugh: I believe you have a gps so just punch in the coordinates & away you go. :rolleyes:

I'll try go this weekend, once I find the spot to park the car I'll find it, the walking part I know now.  If I'm not back on the forum Monday call the mountain rescue people 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I'm not back on the forum Monday call the mountain rescue people 😄

Do you need them to carry out your gold

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      Here is another WA nugget!
      http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/09/21/massive-80g-gold-nugget-discovered-in-australia-by-retired-man-whos-been-searching-area-for-years.html
      Mitchel
    • By IdahoPeg
      OK, so not really a BIG adventure....I just like the title!😄  I decided the Zed needed to get out and play, so we headed to northern Nv for a week...skipped my usual Rye Patch, and hunted 3 other areas instead. My 1st bit of gold was from Placerites, a sassy piece:

Got a dink at Sawtooth, then moved on elsewhere. Had a couple skunked days but still enjoyed the scenery:

Even found me a cool high desert hood ornament lol!

Ended up with over a quarter oz, including a rough beauty of 3.9 grams about 12” deep:

Wanted to meet Steve at the Nugget Shoot, but had to head home to meet up with some loggers up by my cabin. All in all, a great trip!
    • By jrbeatty
      - - - over an hour from the Nineties. I haven't successfully transposed it to digital format yet but I'm still working on it. The sound is present but my capture device isn't yet picking it up.
      I'm a bit over the moon about it really, some welcome good news following a tough week shooting drought weakened sheep - -  Starring are some memorable characters from the earlier years of gold detecting, as well as some nice gold. Here's some early screen grabs, hopefully the final MPEG's will be of higher quality.
      5 oz from Guys Rush, Rheola VIC. found at depth with Jimmy Stewarts 36" "Bismarck":

30 oz from Guy's Rush, Rheola VIC, found at depth with Jimmy Stewarts 36" "Bismarck":

• By phoenix
      I`m still experimenting with cameras and this is a shot of the small stuff I have found over the last few months.   I`m not looking for point oners but that`s what I`ve mainly been getting.   I`ve dug plenty of deep holes, but unfortunately no deep gold, only deep rubbish.   It`s a good thing this is just a hobby for me. 🙂

• By Chris Ben
      Hi all, I had time for a half day hunt today, so I planned on going back to a couple spots we had found gold in the past, hoping to squeeze out another nugget or 2. Plan a was a bust so I made a beeline toward the truck. On the way walking over random ground perpendicular to all the washes I hit a nice smooth signal on a small ridge. Dug down about 6 inches and got it out of the hole. Turned out being a fist sized rock. Thought it was a hot rock at first, but the signal was too good, so I was hoping it was a possible meteorite. Washed it off and immediately saw quartz. So now I was hoping for a speci. (Which I have never seen from this area) I washed it off a little more and saw some gold!!! Not sure how much is in there, but when I got home and cleaned it better, I found more gold than I was expecting. 
      I got back to the truck and was headed home when my girlfriend said they were running a couple of hours late, so I had a bit more time to detect. I decided to try a completely new area expanding a known gold district on my way home. I made my way into the hills to the place I wanted to check out. Looked promising,  very similar geologic to the place I was just at. I only had time for about 20 minutes of detecting. So I headed up the nearest wash. Got a little way up and hit a nice mellow deep signal, dug down about a foot and half and found a 1961 nickel on bedrock, 3 feet away hit a similar signal let than a foot deep on bedrock again..another nickel 1984. Strange this was really out of the way and didn't find any trash. Only detected a small part of the wash when I had to head home.

You can zoom in on the quartz and see a couple of spots of gold.
      Chris 
    • By Mahoy
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45468159