Hi steve and other members.

I just joined this forum and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Dale I live and prospect in Australia.

I have been prospecting for 16 years and have been a full time prospector for the last 6 years.

I also love treasure hunting and go to europe every second year to look for ancient coins and treasure, and also enjoy searching for treasure in Australia although there are no pre euopean settlement metallic artifacts.

I look forward to sharing my experience's with the members of this forum.

Best regards

Gold Hound

Dale

• Like 3

Dale,

Nice to see your post.  It is early in the morning here so a bit later when the sun is nearer to up you will get more response.

I'd like to hear more about England but of course about being a full time prospector for over 6 years.

Are you using the Zed now?

Mitchel

Hi Mitchel

I have not been to england but have looked in various other country's in europe

I have found well over 1000 ancient hammered coins and alot of ancient jewelry letter seal's and other stuff.

I love the thrill I get when I dig up somthing old, my three favorite pieces that i have found are an Aleksander the great Hercules lion head coin about 2600 yers old, a late Byzantine silver bracelet about 700 years old and a gold lion earring that is about 2600 also from Aleksander the great era.

My wife and I both own zeds now but are yet to swing them as I am currently injured.

If you want to see us in action check out our youtube channel

'goldhounds nugget recovery'. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCanm0gYhAZNL6-wNKkSXx8Q

• Like 3

Hey Dale,

I had a feeling that was you...welcome to the forum. Great video you made and I really enjoyed watching it. Hope you share some of your adventures with us, and I am sure you will read about ours...good hunting.

Fred

Welcome to the forum I've enjoyed your video.

strick

Hello Dale and welcome to the forum. I added the link to your YouTube channel. Really great video!

Great video Dale

• Like 2

Dale,

Welcome to my Favorite forum! We loved your Video...Until the next hunt!

LuckyLundy

Dale,

Nice relic finds.  What is your 'go to' relic machine?

Far North Queensland ... I've watched every minute but it took me several sits!  

You are expanding the 'known' gold zones in Australia for us.

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By groundscanner
      Hello all,
      I am Michael and I am a new member.  I have really been enjoying the forum.  I mainly relic and coin hunt old farm fields.  I currently have an At Pro and a Fisher F70, but I have a Minelab Equinox 800 on order.

• By Ridge Runner
      I hope all has had a great year and today we give thanks for that.
       Let’s give thanks for family and friends be far are near. We only here for a short time so let them remember the love you had for all and you too will be remembered.
       Chuck 
    • By Bozko
      Hello All - I’m an aspiring detectorist, i.e. I don’t yet own a detector.  I have been investigating detectors, how to use them, where I can use them and how to use them responsibly.  My search led me to DetectorProspector.com and I feel like I have (please forgive me) hit the mother lode of information.  I have poked around the forum for a couple of days and love the friendly and positive tone of the forum and it’s members.  I have lots of questions but will continue exploring the wealth of information you good folks have already provided with your posts, reviews, and articles.  I’ll try not to ask questions that have already been answered.  I’m really looking forward to diving deeper into detecting and thank all members for contributing to such a great source of information and enjoyment!  Happy Hunting!
    • By DanT
      Hi folks been lurking around a couple of these forums for a few years decided to start getting off my rear. and try it instead of reading about it.  Bought a new Polaris ranger and been going out rockhounding abit. Now think wanna buy a detector and  see what is out here. Been looking at the  Nokta gold Kruzer and  either the gold monster or the equinox 800.. seems the gold Kruzer you get the best bang for your buck  ??  but comparing to others is it close to the same or would I be losing ?
      when the ml5000 just came out I wanted to get it but never did. And can't justify the expense yet for 1  ..   Would love for someone who does know area and  what they are doing to go out with anytime . I'm retired so time is free  lol  well mostly
    • By Crustycoinfinder
      Hello To all,
      My Name is Rudy I go by Crustycoinfinder I'm in the Valencia / Santa Clarita area in California, looking for anyone that would like to Metal Detect  
      just send me a reply.
      Thank You.

• By Holmz
      I got an old 4x4, and one of the follows with a similar 4wdr was prattling on (in a good way) about prospecting.
      it sounds intriguing, and I figured I should probably go slow and get the recommended book, which I ordered from Amazon and get my head around the various detectors,
      So the concept would be:
      1) to do some local prospecting on the occasional free weekend,
      2) do some on extended trips for a couple of hours/day.
      3) maybe go on some trips with the others like the gentleman mentioned above.
      There are a few mining sites in the area, and I suspect that they have been picked over, so that might make choice of a detector and sensitivity more of an issue. And then there is the legendary "Lasseter's reef"...
      Until I have questions I'll just do a 'Chancy the Gardner' and watch.