Makro Multi Kruzer Chattering

I’ve been watching one video after another on the MMK and hearing lots of chatter emitting from it. Well tonight I found a video that a guy covered this problem that shows up when in 4 tones . He showed if you switch to 3 tones the problem goes away but said you lose depth.

I was thinking about giving the MMK a try but just that alone I say no.

I would like to hear from people on here that’s been around the block more than one time with it.

Chuck

The MMK is a high gain detector much like the Racers and the Nokta Impact that came before it. 4 Tone can be very chattery when the gain is set high but I found that I almost never use the 4 tone mode.  The 2 tone, 3 tone, and deep modes cover all the detecting I do with the MMK. The only place that I sometimes run in 4 tone is while hunting soccer fields for fresh or recent drops. The 4 tone mode quiets right down wile swinging with the gain lowered. I run 4 tone with the gain between 25 - 50 in 19 kHz and it will still get coins, pendants, and small charms 4-5" deep. I like running 2 tone in the tot lots and sand volleyball courts, with the gain cranked up in 19 kHz to hit on the small gold and, i run 3 tone most everywhere else, like the general park and school areas. I also use 3 tone for ghost towns, railroad sidings, old homes, empty lots, and freshwater lakes. 

I bought a Red Racer when they came out, then the Racer 2, then the Impact, and now the MMK. I sold the Impact after getting the MMK and haven't missed it one bit.  Between the MMK and the Nox 800 and one other, I've been able to sell off all my other detectors that I've kept for hunting specific sites. My MMK will be in my arsenal for a long time, I'm sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I can’t get a detector to chatter it’s useless to me. I run my detectors hot and anything that runs quiet and stable under 100% of conditions has been too dumbed down for my use. Yes, I want them to run silent if I want but I also want to be able to ride the edge, and that means some noise. But that’s just me - the other side of the coin. :smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well the guy that made the first video I was watching has made a second one.

It started off with him doing a comparison of a At Pro and the Makro Multi Kruzer on different targets at depth.

He said he was running the MMK in three tones doing the test this time. He went from one two the other as his testing went with the MMK hitting the target and not always with the AT Pro.

As time went by he didn’t pickup the Pro anymore and didn’t put the MMK down anymore. He was the same one in his  other video that was saying how much it chatter in 4 tones plus loss depth in 3 tones. Here he was making finds that he never could before with other Detectors.

Maybe next time he’ll put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion.

Chuck

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 7:35 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Maybe next time he’ll put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion.

Chuck

Thats the unfortunate reality of the internet.  It’s soeasy for people to post vids and forum posts of things they perceive as problematic before they have taken the time to really learn the machine’s character and capabilities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1