Goldmaster 24k - All Options And Basic Use

This is my idea of a great video. Show me the features of the detector and how they work. I want to know how the detector sounds. Leave out all the "trying to prove stuff" parts. Just show what the machine can do or possibly not do. I also like that some basic tips were thrown in.

The only part I found confusing was the tone id described as low tone meaning low conductive and high tone being high conductive. Gold is a low conductor. I believe this should have been discussed as low tone meaning ferrous, and high tone meaning non-ferrous. Page 12 of the GMK Advanced Guide:

"Tapping the Music button toggles between two different audio modes. With the Music Icon ON, the GM24k will produce 2 distinct beeps, one high and one low, for different types of targets. The higher tone has a better chance of being a non-ferrous target (gold, aluminum, silver, brass, etc.), and the lower tone has a better chance of being ferrous (iron, hot rocks, etc.).

With the Music Icon OFF, the GM24k will produce a standard VCO all-metal “zip” sound on targets. This mode is generally preferred by experienced prospectors due to the nuances of the sound and perceived sensitivity to small targets. "

It is obvious the Goldmaster 24K has features lacking in the White's GMT - ground balance offset, target id numbers, ferrous tone id, ability to completely block not just ferrous tones but high end ferrous wrap, ability to set ferrous breakpoint (iron cancel mode only?), backlight, and yes folks, a volume control! I have handled the MX 7 box design and find it very comfortable and well balanced. This looks like a serious upgrade from the GMT for sure.

White's Goldmaster 24K Information Page

• Like 6

You've got to be impressed with young Tom's ability to explain things.  How many years has he been at White's, 3 at max?  He's gone from dog chasing detectors thrown into a lake to solo reporting on their latest product.  Before he joined White's he was in Hollywood and didn't know which end of a detector was up.  It's been said here before but I'll repeat:  White's is fortunate to have him on the payroll.

• Like 4

Now that is a fine video there my friends.  Not only did Tom do a fantastic job of showing the detector, he actually took the time to  explain each button very well.  Hats off to you Tom Boykin and thanks for sharing Steve.

Heck,  I learned so much I'm heading out to find some gold.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 12:39 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

This is my idea of a great video. Show me the features of the detector and how they work. I want to know how the detector sounds. Leave out all the "trying to prove stuff" parts. Just show what the machine can do or possibly not do. I also like that some basic tips were thrown in.

The only part I found confusing was the tone id described as low tone meaning low conductive and high tone being high conductive. Gold is a low conductor. I believe this should have been discussed as low tone meaning ferrous, and high tone meaning non-ferrous. Page 12 of the GMK Advanced Guide:

"Tapping the Music button toggles between two different audio modes. With the Music Icon ON, the GM24k will produce 2 distinct beeps, one high and one low, for different types of targets. The higher tone has a better chance of being a non-ferrous target (gold, aluminum, silver, brass, etc.), and the lower tone has a better chance of being ferrous (iron, hot rocks, etc.).

With the Music Icon OFF, the GM24k will produce a standard VCO all-metal “zip” sound on targets. This mode is generally preferred by experienced prospectors due to the nuances of the sound and perceived sensitivity to small targets. "

It is obvious the Goldmaster 24K has features lacking in the White's GMT - ground balance offset, target id numbers, ferrous tone id, ability to completely block not just ferrous tones but high end ferrous wrap, ability to set ferrous breakpoint (iron cancel mode only?), backlight, and yes folks, a volume control! I have handled the MX 7 box design and find it very comfortable and well balanced. This looks like a serious upgrade from the GMT for sure.

White's Goldmaster 24K Information Page

That is a good note. This was a one-man-band setup, no script - camera on tripod was my only friend. But I should probably do a better job of listening back to make sure I get everything right. Next time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2