Another Equinox Not Charging

Dan(NM)

Looks like I'll be sending my new Nox in again for repairs. It was replaced 6-7 weeks ago because of a faulty power button, now it won't charge. I tried doing a reset, I tried another charger and nothing. It goes straight to a solid green light and will not charge. So, once again off to Minelab for I'm sure another new control housing.  I may have 20 hours of use on this one, I've charged it 2 times before it quit charging. Not a happy camper as I had a weekend hunt planned coming up in 11 days.

• Sad 1

Man ! sorry to hear that...you are having a poor run.

I hope you next control pod is sent to you fast and is a keeper

At least 3years warranty is re-assuring for you

...but I have to say I have no issues at all with my Feb 2018 Eq800 which has been charged up many times.

I wanted to test the battery life and then see the maximum recharge time, I use a Techly 2.1A charger bought on amazon, charged at 8:00 a.m. he finished the charge around 15:00 p.m. , time very far from the one declared by Minelab, with 2.1A I would have to load in less than 3 hours and a half.
Now  I will always charge the battery when I have two segments, I think it's better.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
On 8/9/2018 at 2:48 AM, Xergix said:

I wanted to test the battery life and then see the maximum recharge time, I use a Techly 2.1A charger bought on amazon, charged at 8:00 a.m. he finished the charge around 15:00 p.m. , time very far from the one declared by Minelab, with 2.1A I would have to load in less than 3 hours and a half.
Now  I will always charge the battery when I have two segments, I think it's better.

All the charge tiems I have reviewed posted by folks, yours is way outside the norm.  Most charge less than 4 hours.   Mine does too, like 3 hours 15 minutes.  Make sure your charger doens’t have 2 rated charging jacks for current.  Some have both a 2.1a and a 1amp port (s).

Mine charges fairly fast as well even after 7 hours or more hunting.    Im well over 500 hours on my machine and the batteries seem to be holding well.   There have been times ive left the back light on after hunting in the AM for those 7 hours too and really i still have a good bit of charge time.

Dang Dan thats just bad luck.   I hear of a few that have problems...... but im assuming there are a lot of machines out there by now and we kind of expect a few to go....... but two.... thats bad.  ML must have done something special to mine because im normally the one that can break anything out there.

11 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Mine charges fairly fast as well even after 7 hours or more hunting.    Im well over 500 hours on my machine and the batteries seem to be holding well.   There have been times ive left the back light on after hunting in the AM for those 7 hours too and really i still have a good bit of charge time.

Dang Dan thats just bad luck.   I hear of a few that have problems...... but im assuming there are a lot of machines out there by now and we kind of expect a few to go....... but two.... thats bad.  ML must have done something special to mine because im normally the one that can break anything out there.

It is what it is, I bought a 600 as a backup just in case the 3rd one is a turd. I have my return auth. # so Monday I'll send her back.

It does not restart according to both the ML Warranty provisions and the applicable laws of the US (the warranty runs from date of purchase even if warranty provisions are used to obtain a replacement unit).  In some cases, it is within the repairing company's rights to offer a reduced warranty period to cover the use of a refurbished part to cover a new product warranty claim (say 12 months or 90 days when a refurbished part is used as a replacement for a covered part).  This does not appear to be the case for ML warranties, other than the warranty terms do say that refurbished parts may be used as replacement parts for covered warranty repairs.  

https://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-warranty/warranty-conditions

On 8/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, Tnsharpshooter said:

All the charge tiems I have reviewed posted by folks, yours is way outside the norm.  Most charge less than 4 hours.   Mine does too, like 3 hours 15 minutes.  Make sure your charger doens’t have 2 rated charging jacks for current.  Some have both a 2.1a and a 1amp port (s).

I checked the usb charger, it has two 2.1A ports, as for photography, I also did the voltage-current test and from 5.17 V @ 2.3 A on both ports.

I will try to completely download the Nox and try again the charging time.

f4n1w4.jpg

t5j6tv.jpg

2v92gjd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 3:24 PM, phrunt said:

Do you know if your warranty starts all over again for the control pod when you get the new control pod? It seems in some countries it does, others it doesn't due to local laws.  Hopefully it does ?

Good bit of info--thanks.

clive