What Detector Or Detectors Will You Use Most This Year?

Minelab 4500 and waiting for the Nokta Gold to come out......I need a vlf for trash spots. As long as it isn't broken I am not replacing my 4500. Of course a 7000 would be nice :D , but at 10,000 I can wait and continue putting in my 80% and leave the 20% to the detector that I own and been good to me.

Most likely GPX 4500 and Garrett AT Gold working old bucket line dredge tailing piles.  My GB2 and X-Terra 705 can't handle 

all the HOT ROCKS......

HOWever I might upgrade to a GPX 5000...............IA

• Like 1

Both I and my wife do gold, coin and relic hunting since the late 1970's. For now we both have GMT Body mounts with standard coils, 4x6 coils, and Sierra Max coil and a TDI with a timing mod done by Reg with a 12" and 7.5 coil for gold. For coin and relic we both have V3i's with standard coils, 4x6 coils, 6x9 coils, 5.3 coils and Super 12" coils. We also have a MXT300, Coinmaster GT and Goldmaster 4 Body mount for backup machines. The TM808 for deep stuff. Waiting for summer to get here to head to the high country for another season of nugget hunting!

I've been using the 4500 with the large mono Commander coil, but take the GP2 along to assure that I get some gold on each trip. Been thinking about an SDC 2300, but would like to try one first. Do they allow that?

Some dealers have outings on a regular basis where a person can give a detector a spin.

Like Boulder Dash I will be using the  Gold Bug 2 for tiny gold, GPX4000 and 4 coils for mid to deep gold, Mxt Pro for coins/jewelry, also been playing with the mxt in gold country for tiny surface nuggets, but continue to revert to the GB2 for the tiny stuff so far. Got a new 4.5" round DD Detech coil to test this yr on the mxt for tiny nuggets.

Planning a few visits to Chicken and the Jack Wade Creek area again this summer.

Taking an ATX, GMT & Dredge/Highbanker. 

Beautiful country!  And I hear the Busby's will have more prospecting options this year.

I'm sure I'll see a few GPZ 7000's up there pounding the tailings piles. :)

Neal