Minelab's New Service Center

tom reilly

What a world of difference of the level of service in the new Pa. location from Florida.I was having  s lot of static and signal breakup on the wireless Avantree phones I had for my 600.I first thought it was the phones but alter testing a second pair it was clear it was the machine.Contacted the service center and they sent me a shipping label for UPS so it was no cost to me.I sent it in on a Wed. and they had it on the bench on Friday,They could not find the issue at first,so Jamie went out a got a pair of non-minelab phones and had the same issue I had.He replaced the control pod and I had it back the next Wed. .The difference from when I sent my CTX to Florida was night and day.What a great change for the better!!

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how the new service perception evolves in a couple of years when these issues continue to pop up after the warranty has expired and every repair requires a $500 control pod to remedy the problem.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, Chase Goldman said:

I did not know they were repairing EQ's at the PA repair center, thought they were being sent to the distribution/exchange center in Naperville, Illinois.  Are they actually being sent to PA now for repair/exchange - is that what the shipping label said?

My Nox is going to Naperville on Monday, there's nothing to repair, just swapping control housings out according to Jamie @ Minelab.

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I think hes talking about Ill shop not PA.   To my knowledge they arent doing repairs there on the Nox.   Aussie land is still gathering information on repair issues.

I thought so too, that's why I asked.  I know the PA guys and they were not doing any Equinox work last I checked.  Dan pretty much confirmed that was the case, EQX's under warranty still going to Napier.  I think Tom was mistaken regarding his 600.  I know PA is repairing the other ML detectors, though.