Steve Herschbach

White’s Australian Dealer?

Another forum member was wondering what the price of the new Goldmaster 24K might be in Australia. In the course of researching that, I see Goldsearch Australia is closing down.

Does White’s have any other dealers in Australia?

Oh damn, it wasn't long ago they were for sale, I guess they never found a buyer! 

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Another forum member was wondering what the price of the new Goldmaster 24K might be in Australia. In the course of researching that, I see Goldsearch Australia is closing down.

I have bought some of my gear from Lost Treasures in Brisbane, my former home town... They sell Whites, not sure if they're an official dealer? 

https://www.losttreasures.com.au/detectors/#whites

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No they don't, He was the sole importer and all Aussie Whites machine had to go through him, I had words with Steve Howard at Whites about 3 years ago because GS added about a $300 price hike to all of their machines and I told him that is would destroy all the good work that the previous owner had done and people would just not buy them from him because it is cheaper for people to import them from the US or here and he  said there was nothing he could do and that GS told him that they had to raise the price,

With the birth of the GM and the Equinox the home team and Nokta and Deus have cornered the VLF market as I warned them they would, It annoys me because I did my best to promote Whites in Australia and I did try to tell GS this was going to undo all the work that had been done but they would not listen.

The last time  checked 3 months ago they were charging $1550.00 AUS  for the MXT AP and now they are selling the MX Sport for $1350.00, The point is I can supply them to folks for $910.00 AUS plus about 30 to 50 bucks postage So anyone who buys from them would be a fool to shop there.

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/our-products/whites-detectors.html/

And it's now about time White's dealers in the USA were allowed to sell directly to Australia !

I buy my White's stuff from the USA anyway....drop ship through Oregon (I think) and then onto Australia.

Even with the added shipping cost, savings are around 30% minimum.

7 hours ago, Tony said:

And it's now about time White's dealers in the USA were allowed to sell directly to Australia !

I buy my White's stuff from the USA anyway....drop ship through Oregon (I think) and then onto Australia.

Even with the added shipping cost, savings are around 30% minimum.

Well I get them from the company I have dealt with for over 12 years and just post them back home to Aus, I don't think I have ever paid more than a $1000.00 including postage so it keeps it under the taxable threshold.

Dealers are listed on our website.

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/contact-us/outside-the-u-s-canada/

Australia

Maldron Gold Center
45-47 High Street
Maldron Victoria 3463
Telephone: 1300 575 707
sales@maldongoldcentre.com
maldongoldcentre.com

Gold Search Australia
76 Broadway, Dunolly Vic 3472
Telephone: (+61) 03 5468 1877
Fax: (+61) 03 5468 1667
info@goldsearchaustralia.com
Gold Search Australia

Goldhunter Detectors
892 Heaths Lane, Clarkefield, VIC 3430
Phone: (03) 54 285 128
Mobile: 0403 261 954
wendy@goldhunterdetectors.com.au
http://goldhunterdetectors.com.au/ 

Prospectors & Miners FNQ
1/35 Front Street Mossman, QLD 4873
Phone: (+61) 07 4098 1875
prospectorsandminersfnq@gmail.com
https://prospectorsandminersfnq.com/ 

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.05.28 PM.jpg

• Like 2

Actually the $1000 threshold has now gone so it is 10% GST on anything that arrives into Australia regardless of age.

The savings are still very good though.

White's detectors have such a huge markup here in Australia when compared to other imported machines.

Dear Mr White....🤔

Us Aussies love White's detectors and now that we no longer have an AUTHORISED White's dealer here in Australia, can you please relax the conditions on your White's dealers in the USA to allow them to sell directly to us............pleeeeezzzzz.....😫

Yes we have some general 3rd party detector sellers but not that long ago, one of them went bankrupt whilst still selling detectors that many people never got !

Thanks for your consideration...

Tony

When I detected Aussie Land a few years back I built some good customer relations.  Since then I have sold a few machines to folks over there.  If any of you Aussie's are wanting one, let me know and I'll see what we can do.  Don't want to step on ones toes though and I might get told NO from White's but I heard things are changing for the better.

24k2E.jpg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Shelton
      Nokta Anfibio Multi Waterproof Metal Detector

More information on Nokta Anfibio
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Keith Leppert has a new website set up for his Detector Center Metal detector repair business https://www.detectorrepair.com 
      Keith currently is servicing both Minelab and Detector Pro products. It’s a nice website, with some explanation of out of warranty service costs, plus online parts sales. Check it out, and I will point Keith here for any feedback you all may have.
      Minelab Detector Parts Diagrams

• By Nokta Detectors
      As promised, here it is guys:
      http://noktadetectors.com/index.asp?g=naming-contest 
    • By Cal_Cobra
      This year the folks from Nokta/Makro stole the show at Detectival with their SMF announcement, but what was Minelab showing or discussing there?  

Any new Equinox accessories? 
      Anything at all? 
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Copying from another forum:
      Hello everybody... 
      I have been in the UK since Monday and just got done with Detectival this evening. 

I have been reading some of the posts and comments and I figured the best way to address some of the questions you have would be to start a new thread so it is easier for me to follow them. Please understand that I have always tried my best to be as transparent as I can while writing on these forums and sharing info. 

First of all, Detectival has been great (except for the timeframe where I was literally buried underground). 

Yes, we did announce a few products there and I will just try to give you a short rundown here and then I can answer any questions you may have... 

Please note that we just announced the merger of the brands moving forward… this means we will no longer produce products under separate brands… soon we will consolidate the websites/Facebook pages and all. This is all done with the best intentions to simplify everything for our dealers, our valued customers ...and for Nokta&Makro to be able to focus more on developing new technologies and products rather than trying to provide products for 2 brands.
      You all pretty much know the history of our company - 4 years ago Nokta & Makro companies merged..but we had to keep the two brands separate as the distribution channels were different in many countries around the world. So we had to feed the two brands with products....since the merger of the companies, I personally have been trying to push both brands thru the same channel so we could eventually combine them...But believe me guys it took me 4 years to finally achieve this goal and consolidate the brands--... some of you guys, naturally, only look at what is happening around you in 1 country only! But please do not forget that we deal with the whole world.... in many countries around the world, especially in non-English speaking countries, customers are not even aware that Nokta&Makro has been the same company for almost 4 years now.
      Just to make my case clear I will give you an example - we started working with a new reseller in one of the Asian countries - when we were discussing our first order, the dealer listed the Makro products he wanted and when we asked about Nokta, he said - no, thank you Makro is a better brand..no matter what we said, we could not make him understand that it is the same company, same engineers and same sales team. Another and a similar example is that while I was attending a dealer day in a another country, I was told that customers in that specific country believed Nokta was Lexus and Makro was Toyota... funny but real…what I am trying to explain you is that while some of our releases upset a few people, please try to look at it from our point of view. We had to produce products for both brands ..and because we release them at a faster pace than what the customers in certain countries, such as the USA are used to, I am aware of the fact that it upsets certain customers.
      If you look at the manufacturers in any industry today, whether it is the cars or cell phones, they constantly offer new products because development is an ongoing process and demands and needs differ from individual to individual, country to country… Now, if as a manufacturer we are to be blamed for listening to our customers and for developing products and offering them pretty fast, then yes we are guilty ….but also very proud of our really hard work and our worldwide increasing brand awareness. 

With the consolidation of 2 brands, we are discontinuing a few of our products (Golden Sense/Velox/ Fors Series) and start with a new fresh product line up on our new website soon - 

The Anfibio Series - I see that there are positive and negative comments on this one - now to clear it up - Guys, no need to get upset – we did not go to Detectival and create any hype – we sincerely shared what we have in the pipeline with everybody – did not make any claims other than what we have been told by our testers, did not say it will obsolete anything, and neither did we ask anybody to sell their newly bought Impact and/or Kruzer to buy the Anfibio. If you are happy with your Impact or Kruzer – please keep it and we will be more than happy. 
      Anfibio will be distributed to dealers next month… once it is in the hands of the users, you can decide for yourself whether you want it or not. Anfibio comes with our new design coil + 7 optional coil to choose from – And yes they are all compatible with the Kruzer series! Among the 7 optional coils – we will offer a new 9’’ concentric coil which many users have been asking for! 

The Scuba Pointer - Scuba Detector + Pinpointer - patent pending, 2-in-1 device and it is pulse. 

Simplex - Entry Level, Waterproof (fully submersible) with built in wireless module - 2 versions between $249 - $399. This will be the first waterproof detector at this price point. 

Our future simultaneous multi-freq. device - planned to share the design / form of the enrty level one (with slight changes) as the form is pretty light and compact -- looking for inputs/feedbacks in terms of what the customers would like to see in this device – unique ideas/features or anything that you believe is currently lacking on other simultaneous freq. devices. 

I will stop here as I have slept a total of 6 hours in 3 days but will answer any questions you have… thank you all!!