Salt Water Beach Hunt

Getting a week at the beach for a little R & R and yes detecting.

I must be honest my first day was not that grand (two zincs and a shell casing) with the Equinox 800.  Hunted with the stock beach 1 program with no adjustments found very little in the way of nice finds.  I had high hopes the beach was like it was a couple years ago, but sand had been hauled in and built up by maybe 5'.  Even the wet slope didn't yield much in the way of finds.  But decided to hunt the towel line the second day and found a matching set of earrings some 4" deep at the edge of where high tide and the towel line began.   Talk about small, but the Equinox had no problem finding small targets.

GEDC0111.JPG

• Like 9

Always nice to find a match set, Mark.

Looks like gold plate?

HH
Mike

Second day hunt.  I must also confess something very important.  You know how the human brain tends to fabricate information at times.  Well, I'd been hunting an hour or so and not even hearing a target.  Started to doubt if the machine could detect anything past 4-5" in the wet salt sand.  So I decided to head back up to the edge of high tide and the towel line and got a really nice 9-10 ID, with a great sounding audio.  I had to start sifting the sand with my hand to find this nice .925 earring.  Amazing at the small targets the Equinox can find.   At the end of the hunt I had found quite a few coins, swivels and the usual junk, but my confidence returned with the sight of silver.

Moral of the story, machine confidence carries a lot of weight when it comes to hunting.  Stay tuned for tomorrow.

GEDC0112.JPG

GEDC0113.JPG

• Like 3

Had a great time even though the finds have been very limited.  Actually dug a dime at around 6" in the wet salt sand of low tide.  Gave a solid ID and an audio that was surprisingly pleasant.  My confidence has approached the inland hunting confidence.  I know the machine will do well in the wet sand but since so much sand has been hauled in the old stuff is not accessible on this trip.  But did land another earring.  Not silver, but okay.

GEDC0114.JPG