Waterproof Your Pinpointer

IMG_0648.thumb.PNG.5ccd0bd2ba095cab0191935be0ba0f9d.PNGFound this item on Amazon. It might be good for dunking sub-IP68 pinpointers, or as an added level of protection to IP68s. I'm going to buy one just for the heck of it. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

Lmao!!! I remember when Dominick Ivy DaSilva of the Whites Field Team had a video removed from YouTube for violating some kind of community standards and was wondering what it could possibly have been. Then when you looked at the cover shot she's standing there holding a long pink phallic object with "vibrate mode" etc. That you could win. 

In any case, I ordered two of the above pouches. I tend to have my pinpointers a little deeper than their recommended water depth, particularly the Tek-Point. Never had a problem, but wanted the extra protection. I figured they probably aren't very rugged, but I'm hoping not super flimsy either. We'll see shortly. 

They arrived 

IMG_0685.thumb.JPG.ddbbf56003ed5cba99d3b1e800a9487d.JPG

I attempted to do a video unboxing etc., but as you can see, I learned that lighting is a big problem in my work area. I'm going to have to upgrade to some better light sources this evening. 

IMG_0683.thumb.JPG.c9afbb27cd5c1e0dd20a228ee901d5ab.JPG

IMG_0684.thumb.JPG.dd2d20e7bf6185f6682c2927caed974e.JPG

one concern i had was whether the TRX would fit because these pouches are listed as "10 long. No worries though, the TRX fit just fine. The other concern I have is the build quality of these products. It's not the plastic compound I would've used. It is the kind that could, with enough exposure lend itself to becoming brittle. The seams around the edges are thin, so with enough movement I could see them coming undone. I like the product, but we'll see how it holds up through submersion through the rest of the season. I'm not going to keep them on as a matter of general use. I'm sure they aren't for that, but I do intend to use them as often as I can in my swimming holes.